Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Photo Backgrounds - trying new things but not sure if looks OK....
Pages: [1]
Author

Photo Backgrounds - trying new things but not sure if looks OK....

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« on: July 08, 2012, 03:48:17 pm »

I need your advice.

Over the years I have gone from photo backgrounds, props, color backgrounds then circled around to pure white backgrounds. Maybe I am just board with it all and should not "fix" it, but I am trying a slate background.

I am not sure that it really takes it up a level. what do you think?

I went to our home project store and hand selected a slate tile. I find that the mica content is a tad shiny to the camera. Plus, wouldn't you know it, I got one with a ding right in the middle - you will see it! LOL - photos always show the flaws.

But, in concept, what do you think? I am torn.

Also, I am trying to angle my photo shots a little closer and want to take the photos to the next level with the point & shoot camera that I have. I am strictly an amateur and will not be adding upscale equipment any time soon.

I have 3 done and posted and 5 more in the hopper to list. Any honest comments for me? Thanks!!!

You can see the slates ones here:

https://icraftgifts.com/gallerialinda

Delightful Suds

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »

Hello Linda!
I had a look at your pictures and if you're talking about the 4 at the top, I actually really really like them! I think that tile makes it look so much more interesting and "earthy". And I wouldn't' worry about the "ding" at all, it all looks very natural  Smiley The angle that you're taking is good too. Honestly, good job!
Marta
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »

Hi Linda,

I think your photos look great with or without a background. I wouldn't stress over pictures.
If I'd have to choose though, I'd personally choose those with a background. Somehow products on those pictures look more real and not as abstract, as those with a white background. But as I said, they are all really really nice photos. 
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:48:03 am »

Thank you both for your comments. I like the slate too and will try to work with it.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

Actually, I have always been jealous of your ultra white backgrounds.  The slate looks fine too.  I think your photography is quite nice.  The only ones that have seemed awkward to me are on the earrings on dishes.  They don't really 'hang' right.  Sometimes they seem stiff.  But the bracelets and necklaces, I've thought all look fantastic!
Ahkriti

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

Hi Linda! I think the slate pictures look fantastic, gives your jewelry that earthy look! Love it!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Photo Backgrounds - trying new things but not sure if looks OK....
Jump to:  
Click