Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Please critique my shop
Pages: [1]
Author

Please critique my shop

Delightful Suds

« on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

Hello! I am still fairly new to iCraft. I've moved here from Etsy and so far noticed that I get a LOT more view of my store than I ever did on Etsy. However, I still haven't made any sales. Wondering what it takes?
Please view my shop and let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Marta @ Delightful Suds.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:47:18 pm by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »

Hi Marta,

I checked your pages and have to say you've done a pretty good job with product titles and descriptions.  Grin
However, I have a few suggestions for you.

• Specify your target audience. Even though your products could work for anyone - male or female, but you probably know who buys your soaps mostly and for whom. Mention both potential buyers and people they buy for. For example, mothers buying for kids. So mention all that apply - mother, parents, kids, grandparents etc. This way your products will be pushed to those people first and they most likely will be happy to find and buy them.
  • Place your products in more than one category to increase their visibility on the site. Explore other categories, like Home Decor, for example. There is a sub-category for Bathroom products.
  • Specify as many Occasions and Special Days for the same reason
  • Blog, Facebook and use other social media sites to promote your pages. Did you connect your iCraft store to your Twitter account to setup automatic feeds?
  • Work on link building from other relevant blogs, sites and forums. It takes time to build traffic to new pages, as nobody knows about them initially and Google favours those pages that already have some incoming links.
  • Join our next SEO Bootcamp in April. Stay tuned for the announcement.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:04:13 pm by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:48:42 pm »

Uhhhhm... I don't know!  Your pictures are decent - always room to tweak with lighting - but pretty nice as they are.  You've used multiple pictures.  You descriptions and titles seem fine.  Prices seem fine.  I don't know why you haven't had any bites yet!

I don't make many sales here on iCraft but I do tend to get more custom order inquiries here than on Etsy.  Try using the iCraft blog.  Also keep an eye on the forums for when they post the next call for newsletter items.

I'm using Project Wonderful (albeit half-heartedly) to advertise.  I also have a blogger blog.  How are you driving traffic to your shop?
Delightful Suds

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:28 am »

Hello and thanks to both for the replies! I will try some of your suggestions. I am already connected on facebook and Twitter. In my profile, it says I'm connected to automatic feeds on Twitter, however it is not working. They have not been happening....?

As for the different categories, I didn't know I could assign more at the same time. Or do you mean to try different ones for different listings?

I keep wanting to try blogging, but basically I do not know how to start. What to blog about....I've read many instructional articles but I'm still confused. I've signed up here on iCraft for the tutorial, but got no response back. I'd really like to learn to blog  Wink

Other than Twitter and Facebook, I haven't done anything else to drive traffic in yet, but it seems to be coming, just no bite. I wonder if it's because of the shipping fees....? I wish I didn't have to make them so high, but that is what I get charged to ship these things, so I cannot afford to pay for them myself...I guess that is the challenge of selling online.

Looking forward to more opinions!
Thank you!

Marta
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Please critique my shop
Jump to:  
Click