Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hello from Ajax, Ontario!
Pages: [1]
Author

Hello from Ajax, Ontario!

Delightful Suds

« on: March 16, 2012, 10:25:36 am »

I just joined this site as a seller of handmade soaps. Thinking of also opening up another shop for my handmade jewellery, but that already seems overly popular, how does everyone feel about that?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on finding great rates for shipping things out? I know we all must hate those crazy high shipping costs, and I feel bad charding customers those rates, but that is what they cost, and I can't afford to cover that cost myself. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do any shipping companies offer any kind of special arrangements for small businesses?

Thanks in advance!

Marta
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

Hi Marta,

Glad to have you on board!  Grin

Yes, we have a lot more jewelry on the site than any other products, but that doesn't mean your products will get lost. Our new products sub-categories allow people to find very specific products. So if you have products that match their search criteria, they'll find them!
Also, all jewelry pages atract jewelry seekers. So once people arrive on the site, there is a chance they'll explore other jewelry pages. Hope this helps.

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »

Welcome to the site.

If you ship small parcel or larger, a Venture One card will save you 5% on those parcels.  Not on light packet or oversize letter though.
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:19:47 am »

Hi Marta, welcome to icraft. 

I use Canada Post for shipping my custom orders (no sales yet on this site so I"m not sure if any "international" issues will come up.)  I had to look around a lot of other vendor's sites to see what the comparable shipping fees are....you should be in the same ballpark as everyone else who sells similar products.     

I hear Costco may have inexpensive rates...I think they use their own shipping company.

I also sell jewelry, and I would suggest you post some jewelry too because you never know.
Anyway, welcome and good luck
Bibi
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Hello from Ajax, Ontario!
Jump to:  
Click