Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Online Videos (Youtube and the like)
Pages: [1]
Author

Online Videos (Youtube and the like)

Fairy Cardmaker

« on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:38 pm »

What kinds of things do you watch on Youtube or other video sites?
- Examples, news broadcasts?  Stay on top of trends?  Keep in touch with family/friends? Learning stuff? Entertainment value only? Etc.

Are you subscribed to any "channels"?
- if so, what made you want those regular updates?

it if you had unlimited time and technical know-how, how would you use videos in your regular routine?
PetiteTuques

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:18:32 pm »

I watch videos from my business coaches.. they talk about building a better business. I really like marieforleo.com because she makes business talk funny.

I am actually working on my own videos about knitting techniques.. but it does frustrate me a bit! I plan on making a knitting guide- which I don't have a set day to publish yet.

If I wasn't so camera shy, I'd probably use video more on my blog.

SarahMars

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:27:52 pm »

I watch mostly amusing pet videos. Yes, guilty of that. Smiley
Also, I watch a lot of How-to videos. I prefer videos to articles for learning things.
I am only subscribed to friends' channels, as I am interested in their video updates.
LisaGold

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »

I am with Sarah on this one - cute kittens and puppies on skateboards get my attention each time. If you could teach cats knit, I'd watch that too.  Grin
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:00:39 pm »

I watch what people I know send me. I usually don't go on YouTube on my own.
I was thinking of creating a few videos too, about knitting techniques.
I'm not camera shy, but explaining knitting in English is hard for me, so I was thinking to do them in Russian. Not sure if that would be useful for many people or not.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:40:28 pm »

Hmmm... so I should train a dog to ride a skateboard with a little mail delivery sack and show the dog delivering my cards....
(wink - kidding)

Sometimes I watch Yahoo News videos.  I watch a lot of how-to videos.  I love watching the CHA new release videos and craft room tours.  I like the cuddly pet entertainment videos but I don't go searching for them.  Well.. my husband looks for LOL Cats pictures sometimes - dey R funnie.

I haven't committed to a decision on how to use videos yet.  I'm leaning towards showing finished products using inputs that I sell.  I would like to show things complimentary to my business, but I can't think of what.  Any ideas out there?  I'm not keen on a slideshow type video of product after product unless there is something more to it, but I can't figure out what.  I really like educational slants like: learn how to use/pair/compliment this product.

For example: a potter can show their goods in real house place settings.  (Product placement.)  A jeweller can show their items paired with outfits or outfit elements.  (Shoes + bracelet.  If a customer has a similar shoe, they suddenly want that bracelet! or Purse + necklace, etc.)  Some wearables might be illustrated in different styles: dressed up or casual (although product shot could do that - wouldn't need video.)

TKL - why not do it in Russian?  I'm sure there are Russian speaking people all over and, besides, this is the internet.  You can ship worldwide!

Petite, if you are camera shy, you can just show your hands doing the work and you can add text to the video.  No need to narrate.  You can also narrate after the fact by adding a sound overlay on the video.  (I've found lots of video tutorials out there on that stuff.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:44:39 pm by Fairy Cardmaker »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Online Videos (Youtube and the like)
Jump to:  
Click