Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Photography Advice  >  Critique of my photos
Pages: [1]
Author

Critique of my photos

Red Rock Designs

« on: January 12, 2012, 09:28:52 am »

Hi,

I've recently made a light tent, but I think I need to fiddle with it a bit to get it just right.  Please comment on my photos.  I'm still trying different things to omit the yellow background, like in the rings listing.  The yellow background photos will definately be updated once I can figure it out!

Yellow: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/29068/peyote-stitched-beaded-rings-various-colours.php

White: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/28974/handmade-bracelet-w-glass-beads-and-fresh-water-pearls.php

Any advice or criticism is appreciated.
Thanks Bibi
Ahkriti

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:32 am »

Hello Bibi!

First of Love the rings that you have made! They are very  bright and colorful!

You might want to check on the settings on your camera.
Try not to use the auto feature. I guess that's why the yellow is coming up. Are you using a point and aim or an SLR?

The white one,you might want to use photoshop or piknic to make adjustments to your pictures!

Good luck!

Red Rock Designs

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »

Thanks for the compliments.

I have a point & shoot camera.  I have been using Auto for the wider full view shots, and the Close up feature for close ups.  Is there another feature to use for best wide shots?

Thanks
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:18 am »

I agree with Ahkriti.  When you do not use auto, there are several settings you can choose.  These are the ones I pay attention to:

Flash - turn off flash

White Balance - my point'n'shoot has some presets for this based on light source.  I turn off the room light, open my windows, turn on my OTT (daylight) light and then set my camera to "daylight".  If it is cloudy, I set it to "cloudy.  Other options include "flourescent" and "tungsten" for lighting.  Match the setting to your type of light.

Close up - what you are doing there is proper.

TRICK: Put something pure black or something pure white in your photo.  You can even put it off to the side and crop it out later.  In your photo editing program, you can use that object as a colour reference point.  (There's a technical term for this technique but I don't know it!)  You tell the program: this spot is pure black (or white) and it will auto adjust everything else in line with that reference point.

You should investigate photo editing software.  There's lots of free ones.  Ahkriti uses Piknic.  I use GIMP.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Photography Advice  >  Critique of my photos
Jump to:  
Click