Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New feature! Store Collections
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

New feature! Store Collections

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: November 27, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »

Hello Creators,

If you login into your account today, you will find a new section mentioned on the left nav panel called "Product Collections".

This feature will allow you to group your products based on your own criteria, like season, color, intended use or anything else. So you could create a collection called "Black and White" and place all products that fit that criteria into this collection.

Once you create a collection, you could use a collection filter on your storefront to create a special URL that could be shared with others.

To get started, go to "Add to Collections" page, select a few products using checkboxes beside them and then click on the "Add to Collection" icon at the top of the table.

Let us know how you like this new feature. Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:19:38 pm »

This is awesome.  I love that I can have the same product is more than one collection!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:16 am »

Glad you like this new feature.  Grin
Ahkriti

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:02 am »

Oh this is really awesome! The only thing I notice is that a message always comes up when I check to see how my creator exhibit looks like. I gather its because of the new changes that are going to happen the next few weeks.

I guess now is not the time for me to change my banner! I will await the new ICRAFT page!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:23:03 pm »

Hi AhKriti,

Do you get a security warning about leaving secure site? Could you please email us a screen shot of that message or tell us from which pages you try to access your creator exhibit?
You shouldn't be getting any messages...

Yes, I'd suggest to hold on any changes to your store banner or avatar for now.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:59:47 pm by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 08:16:11 pm »

Question... what if I don't have something in a category.  Will in still come up in customer searches based on the tags at least?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 08:30:40 pm »

Another observation - during the "listing a new product" process, there isn't a place to pick a whole bunch of collections to stick it in.  That would be nice to be able to do right at the time of creation.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 10:37:01 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

I assume you are not talking about collections in your first question.
Currently, we don't use collections info in our search.
Tags are used in producing search results, as well as product categories and product titles. So the more things you utilize, the more exposure your products will get. Did I answer your question?

As for the second question, we are probably not going to make any more changes to the current site. However, we are planning to review and improve all My Account pages right after we finish with the main site redesign. So we'll definitely consider your suggestion at that time. Thanks!
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:06 am »

Great! This is what I have been waiting for!  Will play with this new feature sometime this week! Smiley
Ahkriti

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 05:41:58 pm »

No messages coming on today! So Yay! It looks all good! Smiley
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

When I try to Add to my Collection my store items are only on my screen for a second and then they are gone.  Can this be fixed some how?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 11:53:09 pm »

Hmm... I can't recreate this problem.  Roll Eyes
What browser do you use? Are you on Mac or iPad?
We are looking into this... Will keep you posted.
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 09:52:27 am »

I am on a HP PC on Firefox.
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 10:02:52 am »

I have no problems now.  I was not doing things in the right order!  Embarrassed
janescrafts

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 01:12:02 pm »

I set up my items in Collections. Interesting feature.
Arlette Designs

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:36:28 pm »

I just tried the new collections feature. Awesome!
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  New feature! Store Collections
Jump to:  
Click