Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  No email notification for sales?
Pages: [1]
Author

No email notification for sales?

Christen Largent

« on: October 02, 2011, 07:43:56 pm »

Hi.  I just had a sale and the only way I knew that I got a sale is because the PayPal payment notification came through in my email.  THEN...I tried to contact iCraft Admin, and the form that you fill out for help...well, it came up as an error.  So how are we supposed to report things on this site and who's running this place!?!  I've been on here for YEARS and this is the most empty and unhelpful/unreachable as I've seen it! Sad
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:20:31 pm »

Hi Christen,

We've got your email at 7:40 pm. So it looks like despite the error that you saw, emails are still being sent out.
Everything seems to be working fine, as we couldn't reproduce those problems. This doesn't mean that there is no problem. We'll do more investigation on Monday to see what else could've caused the error that you saw and why you never received our email notification.

Could you please send us a screen shot with the error? Or tell me what message you saw on the error page. Thanks for your help!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:18:16 am »

Hi Christen,

We did our investigation this morning regarding problems with the emails.

It looks like in your particular case, there was a 40 minutes delay in delivery of our email. The delay was due to yahoo server refusing to accept it, for whatever reason. According to our records, you received our email after 40 mins delay. Could you please confirm that?

Another thing we noticed is that our emails were sent to Spam folder for those who use Yahoo, even if they received emails from us before. Did you check your Spam folder? I’d like to know if you too found our email in your Spam folder.

It’s possible that Yahoo tweaked their spam rules and that affected some emails. I’d suggest for all Yahoo users to add iCraft to their Contacts list and if you see our email in the Spam folder, click on “Not Spam” button at the top to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:13 pm »

FYI, we've improved our Contact page https://icraftgifts.com/contacts.php, so the confirmation message doesn't look like the error message anymore. We've also added option for image uploads.
Thanks for reporting problems!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  No email notification for sales?
Jump to:  
Click