Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  Why you might be losing sales
Pages: [1]
Author

Why you might be losing sales

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: October 02, 2011, 02:33:15 pm »

Just read a pretty good article on Mashable called "Top 10 Reasons Your Website Is Losing Sales".

They got data from research company QuBit, which analyzed comments from 18,000 visitors leaving UK retail websites. Published list of top 10 website issues that hinder retail website visitors from converting to customers, provides a few important take aways.

There are definitely things for us at iCraft to improve, like the checkout process and the loading time.

However, I think there are a few things that individual store owners could review and improve as well.
Pricing and clear Product descriptions are at the top of the list... Shipping prices and expected delivery times are also expected... though it looks like all pricing info, including shipping charges have to be in the currency that the user is familiar with. (Oh.. I guess that's something for us to figure out too Roll Eyes )

High quality photos and even product videos are now expected by users. We could add this functionality, but I wonder how many of you guys would be able to produce quality videos of your products.

Anyway, have a look at the top 10 list and see how their recommendations apply to your store.
Thanks!

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »

To me, they are talking about mass-produced items, which will differ a little from handmade.  However, the general gist of the points are still valid.  I think the new storefront will help with much of it: the categories especially and, hopefully, a store policies section.

Thanks for sharing.

I use a digital camera, which can take video, but the video on it is usually very large in size.  I have no idea how to edit or upload or embed videos, which is why I don't do them.  I only know how to push record and then get that from the camera on to my computer! lol

Maybe a video bootcamp?  Each lesson being a step in the video taking process?
- set up/staging - participants submit still photo of their stage?
- recording - X minutes
- editing - visual and adding text
- uploading and posting/embedding
- also a slideshow type video?  Where you take still photos and make them in to a video?  I've seen people do that to make ads but they also include text and stuff.
BeeTeeLee

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »

ooh videos... that would be interesting,
i would definately post mine with videos
Editing videos are easy, i use quicktime pro to just add and cut sections
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 03:15:45 am »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

Yes, I like the idea of a video bootcamp. We do plan to run one as soon as we release the new site design. We were planning to focus more on the new tools and the listing process with the focus on SEO. However, we could also add a few days with assignments on video production. Maybe Grace could also share with us some of her video production secrets?  Wink

Does anyone already have their product videos posted on Youtube or somewhere else?
LisaGold

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »

I like the idea of videos too. It would be nice to see how a bracelet or a piece of clothing looks like on a person.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Business Resources  >  Why you might be losing sales
Jump to:  
Click