Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  So quiet in here - how do we change that?
Pages: [1]
Author

So quiet in here - how do we change that?

dragonkaty

Administrator

« on: July 15, 2011, 06:13:03 pm »

I've noticed that there hasn't been much conversation on here recently. I know I haven't posted much (mea culpa), but wonder if there is something else.

Are there some specific things we could talk about?

Do you want more challenges (which was really successful, thanks Fairy Cardmaker)?

Are there lessons you can share?

Tips, trends?

Please help iCraft by giving me some guidance about what is important for you, so we can focus on that.

Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:00:51 pm »

I don't think it's a case of:  "It is quiet, so no one comes."  It's a matter of "No one comes, so it is quiet."  I do not think asking this question here will get much response.

The newsletters you are doing are your best bet at the moment because it's direct to subscribers (i.e. less effort on their part).  If the forums could email a summary of posts for those who select to receive a daily (or weekly) digest, then when we start some threads, they may actually be seen.

Do you want more challenges (which was really successful, thanks Fairy Cardmaker)?

Thanks!  But I don't think it's been all that successful.  I haven't a clue what would make forums more popular.

I do think the idea of making collections that people can then post to blogs and such would be a HUGE thing to bring people to both browse and share products on iCraft.  (Discussed by Admin here: https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1378/coming-soon-new-categories-and-more/.)
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:48 am »

It's a matter of "No one comes, so it is quiet."

Actually, our web stats show that traffic to forum is slightly better now than it was a few months or a year ago. That's probably due to Twitter & FB traffic that increased to iCraft this year. However, the participation is lower now then it was a few months or a year ago.We know people read old posts, bookmark pages and even print some posts, but not posting as much.

Fairy Cardmaker, I agree, newsletters are a good way right now to engage with current members and we will be doing more of that. Collections and favourits are coming too. I don't want to say soon, as we had a number of delays recently, but yes, as soon as those features are released, hopefully, it would give people a reason to engage with others more often.

What Katherine was interested in finding out are the topics that interest you personally. We are discussing a few ideas about improvements to the community section right now and wanted to hear what our members have to say about Forum discussions.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:00:24 am by iCraft Admin »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »

However, the participation is lower now then it was a few months or a year ago.
Ah, I see.

What Katherine was interested in finding out are the topics that interest you personally.

Uuuuhmmm... thinking.  I guess, I'm attracted to self-reflection.  Not just tutorials or direction, but the feedback on HOW it impacted you, changed your store stats or your mindset or opened doors.  Debriefs on things like: wholesale, consignment, craft fairs (criteria, displays, credit card taking, etc.), photography, marketing, techniques, timing for seasons or occasions.  All experience based sharing.  Even admin's post on buyer habits (re: anchoring) would be something I would read as a blog post.

Whatever you do, don't make teams like Etsy did.  The forums have degenerated there IMO.  Epic fail.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:05 pm »

All experience based sharing.
-- Including buyer experiences too.
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »

Thanks Fairy Cardmaker. I am trying to get more newsletters going - we've had one on hold for a few weeks now while we build a special template for them. Once that is done I can send out lots of newsletters on a more regular basis (mwuahaha!)

I'd like to get more buyer experience feedback, and hoping that with more outreach we can get that from them. Would be wonderful to hear from them about what they think of the iCraft experience, their contact with the seller and the product(s) they receive.

I like your comments about seller experiences. One that caught my eye is about credit card taking during craft fairs; definitely would be interesting for newer crafters who are still learning the trade. Is there an experienced craft fair seller who would be able to assist me in crafting that kind of post?

Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  So quiet in here - how do we change that?
Jump to:  
Click