Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  SPAM messages: possible to block?
Pages: [1]
Author

SPAM messages: possible to block?

Beajoux

« on: June 27, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »

Hi,

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I received a "Ask the seller a question" message (which I'm usually excited to receive), but this time, it was clearly spam.  I'm not even sure what the person wanted, other than for me to email her, or provide her with my email. Her message indicated she was dying of breast cancer, quoted a Psalm, and mentioned that her husband left her $5 million. She certainly wasn't looking for info about one of my products!

I'm not sure if there's anything iCraft can do in these situations. Is there a way to determine if the email the sender provides is valid? It's so disappointing when you think someone wants to know more about an item, only to find out that's not the case at all!

Thanks,
Ainsley
PetiteTuques

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:45:51 pm »

I got this message today, and I was very disappointed.

It's obviously a real person, because iCraft has that code before sending out emails. I don't know what else can be done?
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »

Mentioned this to the iCraft Admin. Will see if there is anything we can do.

Argh! Hate spammers.
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 11:51:20 am »

Admin says that there is little that can be done if it is a real person and therefore able to fill in the captcha code.

Ainsley (or anyone else who got the email), could you please send me the text of the email and their email address? I'll send them a note telling them to please back off.

Thanks!

Katy
katherine@icraftgifts.com
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:30 pm »

I got it too.  I will ignore this round.  If it comes again, I will notify admin.

I thoght there was a way in our own email programs to mark a person spam tho....
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  SPAM messages: possible to block?
Jump to:  
Click