Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Update All feature
Pages: [1]
Author

Update All feature

dragonkaty

Administrator

« on: March 18, 2011, 06:32:29 pm »

In order to help those vendors who have a large number of items on offer, iCraft has introduced a new 'Update All' feature.

This button will enable you to update all items you have on offer for sale at once rather than having to update them individually. The button can be found on your "View All Products" page, directly above your product listings. Simply click on the green button and all items in your portfolio will be updated at once.

We look forward to your feedback on this new tool!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:31:15 pm by iCraft Admin »
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:20:45 am »

That sounds AWESOME. I have always wanted to put a message in all listings for specific things once in a while. iCraft made is so. Off to take a look!!

Smiley
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 12:59:03 pm »

Thanks Linda.

Would love some feedback about how it works for you.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »

Ok... so I pushed the button.

My entire shop shows up in the "updated" list now under "Buy Handmade" all at once.  That's kind of unfair to people who actually changed something to truly update a listing.

Also, it put my shop is some order that was not the order it was in before.  I haven't a clue how it determined the listing order.  This wouldn't be a problem, though, if I actually had shop sections or shop categories so that I could group my greeting cards by theme they way shoppers would expect it to be. [shrug]
PetiteTuques

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:22:46 pm »

I think it put all my listings in reverse order, and I'm not a big fan of that. I think it would be better if it updated by the date we created the listing. Other than that, I think it's a good feature.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:56:17 pm »

Thanks for all your feedback! Yes, we'll resolve all the issues mentioned here. Working on a number of fixes and updates right now that should be posted soon.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »

OK, our "Update All" feature was short-lived. The button is gone now.
Instead, we are going to show buyers 2 dates on all product postings - Date when product was last updated, followed by the Date when Seller was last login.

Btw, on your own product postings, once you login, you'll also see a Date when you posted that product. We decided to drop this date from the page meant for buyers, as it's not as relevant to them when product was posted, as much as when it was last updated. Plus, 3 dates displayed one after another looked like it was too much info to absorb.

On products, whose owners didn't login in more than 6 months, you'll see a message like this:

Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 02:56:37 pm »

Thanks - that looks much better!

Is it possible to change the title of the "last updatd" line to "This product last updated: ______"  Then there's no confusion about this product last updated versus this shop last updated.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »

Sure, good idea! How is it now?
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/22111/handmade-greeting-card-holder.php
PetiteTuques

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »

Can we have the update all feature back, but with a condition that we get to choose which products get updated? That way, I won't have to manually go into the ones I want to update, when I have nothing to update.. I haven't logged in for a period of time, and I missed the button, because I had a whole bunch that needed to get updated.

So to clarify, check off the ones I want and then press update. I think that would be awesome.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 12:37:42 pm »

Thanks, admin!  I love the new presentation.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 09:12:45 pm »

Well, if you can check off some products, it means you can check off all of them too, so it’s the same as “Update All”.  Cheesy Last Updated date is used in too many places in our system, so it’s not easy to make acceptions to the way this date is used. So, no, I don’t think we are bringing this feature back. We tried it and it simply caused more problems than solved.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Update All feature
Jump to:  
Click