Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Spotlight posts on Blog Central
Pages: [1]
Author

Spotlight posts on Blog Central

dragonkaty

Administrator

« on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:17 pm »

We encourage iCraft sellers to write blog entries that can be posted to our Blog Central feed. To help, we are providing some guidelines for writing your posts:

• Please introduce yourselves (give a brief bio)
  • What is the name of your craft company? Does it have any special meaning?
  • How did you get started producing crafts? How long have you been doing it? Did you have any formal training?
  • Describe your crafts and the craft making process. What medium do you work in? Do you do it all by hand?
  • Where do you get your design ideas from?
  • Do you have a special philosophy about the crafts you make or a theme you try to follow?
  • What has been your favourite work so far?
  • What special things do you do to sell your items? Do you go to craft shows? Do special promotions?
  • Do services like iCraft, and other online marketplaces help you get the word out about your crafts? Do you do other things to connect with your customers?
  • Do you have any advice for someone who is thinking about becoming a crafter?
  • Which items do you want to highlight (pictures) for this blog post?

Other notes:
  • Please ensure that your store is up to date. Add new products and update any older items you still have available. If anything is already sold, please indicate that.
  • Please don’t include too many links to external sites, as they don’t help with SEO. We moderate all blog posts and will remove all unnecessary links. However, we encourage you to link back to your store and your product listings.

We look forward to your submissions.
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »

We've added a few more blog posts, but were hoping to get more Spotlight posts up.

Are iCraft sellers interested in writing blog entries? What can we do to help you?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:23:55 pm »

I can't maintain two blogs.  I struggle to keep weekly content on my own blog.  Sorry.
I do look at the blog posts and comment here and there though.
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:15:43 pm »

We don't need you to maintain two blogs.

Simply make suggestions for what kind of posts could go up here, or if you have a post that you made on your own site that you think might be great to share, post it here. We will review it.

Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »

Ok... some guidance then: who is the audience?  Buyers or sellers?  Mix?
What is the desired tone of the blog?  Is it meant to be more proper article structured?  Are we supposed to sound professional?  Or are whimsical thoughts of the day okay?

As a suggestion for a post, since the April One-of-a-Kind show was not long ago, I'd like to see a picture of iCraft's presence there (did you have a booth?  Or a banner somewhere? Who was there?)  And then you can tie it in to a mini-history on the evolution of the craft fair and its place or its role in the handmade community.  If any iCrafters had booths at the show, pictures of their booths would be cool too.

I'll keep my thinking cap on for more ideas.
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:53:44 pm »

My apologies for not responding to this earlier.

The audience is both buyers and sellers; anyone who accesses our Blog Central. Tlhe tone is professional and interesting. It can also be fun and frisky (like the Charlie Sheen article).

Thanks
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Spotlight posts on Blog Central
Jump to:  
Click