Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Are you in a Circle?
Pages: [1]
Author

Are you in a Circle?

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: March 16, 2011, 01:05:33 am »

There seems to be a lot of discussions on Etsy recently over privacy issues with their introduction of new features, like Circles and Friend Finder. Here is one of the articles discussing those issues "Etsy users irked after buyers, purchases exposed to the world."

I was wondering if Etsy had done things differently - informed users of those changes in advance and opted everyone out by default, instead of opting them in, would those social features be useful to them? Do you guys think there is a need for those features on sites like Etsy and iCraft? What kind of social features would you like to see on iCraft?
PetiteTuques

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »

I don't particularly like the type of features that make a buying site into a social network.. if I did, then I'd sell only on facebook. But I don't think the Circles feature is a bad thing- because I get to see shops that I otherwise wouldn't.
I think if more people would be involved in iCraft, then more features would be necessary- I'm happy the way things are, and then things that we few shops have mentioned, you already know about.
I do like the team communities, but that would entail more involvement from the shops here, and I don't know if that can happen, unless iCraft puts everyone on hold until they do "there share" but that is too drastic!!  I know keeping a friendly environment is key to bringing more shops here..

That's my little bit Wink
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:53 pm »

Well put, Petite.  I am not fond the social-network shopping idea.  There are so many other things to improve online shopping than wasting time making it social.  Personally, I think it makes the sites less professional feeling.  It makes them... kind of juvenile in my mind - like the whole world is being sucked in to a highschool popularity contest.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Are you in a Circle?
Jump to:  
Click