Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  What inspires you?
Pages: [1]
Author

What inspires you?

dragonkaty

Administrator

« on: February 20, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »

What inspires your creations? Did you take up knitting because of a beloved relative? Do you make hats that have cat ears because you want to look like your beloved puss, or do you make jewelry that looks like your favourite waterfall?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »

I love paper is all.  And I love writing.  Handwriting.  It's tangible, physical, and unique.  It feels more real to be tangible: you can touch the paper and feel the bumps.  Plus your brain associates the look of handwriting with the person who wrote it.  It's not like text on a screen.  It's personal.  Meaningful.

And I love paper.  Smiley
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:58:44 pm »

I used to make paper when I was younger and I understand what you mean about the tactile experience. Thanks so much for your answer
Spotted Paw Creations

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:49:26 am »

I love making 3D cards because of how much I enjoyed cut and paste art projects in public school.  I have always loved the Victorian era so most of my images are from vintage postcards.  I cannot draw or paint, but I have a good depth perception.  I also love photography.  The digital age has made it so easy to be creative, no worries about wasting all of that film and paper.  I love taking macro shots of nature.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  What inspires you?
Jump to:  
Click