Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  How to get better pictures on icraft?
Pages: [1]
Author

How to get better pictures on icraft?

Ahkriti

« on: January 25, 2011, 05:13:01 pm »

Hello! I have a digital camera and it takes some great pictures. On my laptop, the pictures look awesome,really clear,  but when its posted on icraft, it does not look the same way. For example, today I have put up Arna, the lapis lazuli necklace. Its not looking the way it is on my hard drive at home.  I use  Digital Photo Professional. I don't have Photoshop installed. I usually tweek my pictures on picnik and resize my images to about 700 x ....pixels. This size is easier and faster to save.
So my question is why does it look blurred when uploaded onto icraft? Any tips? I did go for the photography advice section...tried what fairy cardmaker said, but no luck there.

Thank you.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:16:07 pm »

Hi AhKriti,

We don't compress your photos, only crop them to create thumbnails. So technically they are the same images, as those that you have on your hard drive. We display what you upload. I am not sure why they'd look blurred. I wonder if anyone else has this problem with images...
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:34 pm »

Hmmm.... are you using the macro setting on your camera?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:47:29 pm by iCraft Admin »
Ahkriti

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:33:45 am »

Thank you for responding!

@Icraft...I concur that icraft does not crop or tweak the pictures.

@ Fairycardmaker- Yes, I have been using the macro function.
Sorry, if I have been misunderstood here! I should rephrase my question.

Do you see a difference in your pictures, in terms of resolution when you upload it onto picasa or picnik?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:09:35 am by AhKriti »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »

Nope, I don't see a difference between what it looks like on my computer when I'm editing it and what I upload to iCraft.

What browser program are you using?  Or, maybe there's something about the resolution of iCraft display versus your computer's screen?  I don't know if that's possible - just thinking out loud.

I how something looks on your computer can look different on another person's computer depending on each person's screen settings - colour balance and gamma.  However, I have never heard of happening on the SAME computer - viewing it on your harddrive versus what you've uploaded.
Ahkriti

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:38:43 am »

Thanks Fairy Cardmaker! Wink

Yes, I think the digital professional software that I am using really enhances the picture to the detail. But when the same picture is up on Picasa its not that clear. It actually looks a tad grainy.  Huh I know, same computer....same person looking at it Shocked

I should probably focus more on the lights and background of my pictures.
Thanks anyways.

Pages: [1]  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  How to get better pictures on icraft?
Jump to:  
Click