Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  To have different "files" visible at first sight .. of products on our websites.
Pages: [1]
Author

To have different "files" visible at first sight .. of products on our websites.

Christine Amstutz

« on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:23 am »

Hi all,
I love my icraftgifts.com site ... What I am missing, though, is the possibility to put my products into different categories, visible at first sight. Especially within the "Accessories" ... we have scarves, shawls, ties ... you name it ... all in one big "bucket" ...

Just imagine: If potential customers could simply click on, let's say "ties" or "scarves" ... they would not have to look through everything we are selling on our site. What do you think? Would you appreciate such a change? -Personally, I don't think that the change would be a big deal to do for the Administration and the Webpeople.  Roll Eyes ... To have kind of different files you choose during the uploading of new images...

Have a good meditation and let me know ... all of my wonderful arts collegues out there ... including the administration.

Have a most wonderful day,
Christine Amstutz
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »

Yes, I agree.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your feedback!

It’s a challenge for us to list every product possible.
We use subcategories to group related products, so users are not presented with too long of a list.

Right now, all together products in this subcategory make 56 results https://icraftgifts.com/accessories/scarves/, which is not a huge number. If we’d list “Scarves”, “Ties” and “Shawls” separately, there wouldn’t be many (or any, in some instances) results to display.

Also, by putting those 3 products together, we are encouraging people to explore related products.

From the development stand point, it’s easier for us to add a new category, then to change existing one, as someone would have to update all products, associated with the old category to the new category.

I’d love to hear what others are thinking...
PetiteTuques

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

I think what Christine is talking about is having separate categories in our exhibit. A category that we name and put stuff in. That way, for me, people can see lists between age/sizes or type of material, wool or cotton, instead of seeing everything. Even though everything is in one page, there is no way to see one particular style. I know I get annoyed looking through a exhibit and have to read through all the images to see if something is in the size I want.

I think the way that people can see what is in icraft as a whole is fine- if I wanted to see all the hats, it's very easy to do.

Lisa
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 12:49:19 am »

Yes, I was thinking she meant akin to how Etsy shops have "sections" that shop owners decide.  I suppose it is actually a shop view filter for buyers.

I would like sections.  Alternatively, I would like a search function within a shop.  Currently, the only search function is site-wide which doesn't help shoppers filter our particular store products.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 12:54:49 am »

OK, if that's what Christine meant, than yes, we will look into that. We also know about the shop-specific search. Thanks!
Christine Amstutz

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 11:01:42 am »

Hi guys,
... sorry for the language confusion (my mother tongue is German ... amongst other). But yes, this is exactly what I meant. This is why I suggested that it shouldn't be too difficult to add. And, yes, of course I saw it on Etsy (which account I cancelled, by the way). - I find it really helps people to go straight to a category instead of having to type it into the space at the top. I am sure this could turn out to be very positive for all of us!
Thanks so much for looking intio it.
Christine
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

No worries, Christine! Feel free to send more ideas and suggestions our way.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:53:48 pm by iCraft Admin »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  To have different "files" visible at first sight .. of products on our websites.
Jump to:  
Click