Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  Strange "Ask a Question" Request
Pages: [1]
Author

Strange "Ask a Question" Request

Beajoux

« on: June 24, 2010, 04:46:23 pm »

I usually get excited when I receive the email that someone has a question for me, but this time I was just baffled. The question I received didn't have anything to do with my shop items, but rather about exchanging links. Just wondering if anyone else received this message, which to me seems very spam-like. I'm also wondering if there's any way to block this type of message. I've copied it below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please would you consider adding a link to my website on an appropriate page
for Wedding and I would be very happy to reciprocate.

Your link will be added here: (link removed)

Or As your related category

My details:

Title: Fresh Calla Lilies    (Should be hyperlink.............)
Desription: Beautiful wedding calla lilies from Lola Blooms fresh from the farm.
URL: (link removed)
Please let me know if I am considered and I will keep the link on my links page.

In case this email has not reached the right person or department, we
apologize, and would appreciate it if you could forward to the correct
person.

I look forward to your reply.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:31:50 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:37:03 am »

Hi Beajoux,

It is a spam, even though it was submitted by the real person and not a robot.  Roll Eyes
I'd suggest not to answer to that email and don't visit their sites.
There is nothing else we can do on our end to filter out those emails. So just be aware of the possibility of receiving spam messages through "Ask Creator a Question" feature.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Spam and Scam Alerts  >  Strange "Ask a Question" Request
Jump to:  
Click