Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  iCraftGifts.com Has Officially Launched & Shopping Bag Release
Pages: 1
Author

iCraftGifts.com Has Officially Launched & Shopping Bag Release

iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:26 pm »

Hello iCrafters!

It's official! With today's release of the Shopping Bag feature, iCraftGifts.com has publicly launched! We invite everyone to browse the site, and start scooping up some of the goodies you've had your eyes on. Please note that the Shopping Bag icon at the top right-hand corner will continue to show "0 Items in your bag" regardless of how many items are in your bag. This is a small glitch that will be worked out in the coming week, but we didn't feel it was important enough to delay launching the Shopping Bag. Now is the perfect time for Creators to review their shipping and return policies to ensure that shoppers don't encounter any issues with their orders. Especially important to note is that your "Combined Shipping Rates" are set correctly, you have addressed any issues with taxes / customs, and that your return / store credit policies are communicated on your Creator Exhibit page.

Whether you are a Creator or a shopper, you will be able to keep track of items which you have purchased and sold under the "My Account" area under "My Purchases" & "My Sales". Creators who are not using PayPal are encouraged to track their sales, and make note of when payments are received by purchasers. When you have received payment, and "release" a sale in your "My Sales" area, an update gets sent to the shopper's "My Purchases" page showing that payment for the item bought from you has been received. So please be diligent in updating the sales status of orders. We don't want buyers thinking their payments never made it to you. Creators who use PayPal will soon have this feature automatically track their sales. This update should be completed within the coming days.

We are now ready to begin our marketing campaign to attract shoppers to the site. We have various marketing channels / activities planned, including:
- issue press releases to local, national and international media outlets
- execute mass marketing campaigns through various channels (print, mobile, web, co-promotions, etc.)
- engage in social media network marketing (i.e. Facebook, MySpace, etc.)
- search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Advertising (i.e. Google)
- regular product submissions to Google Base through XML Feeds

This is just the start. The creative minds at iCraftGifts.com will be continuing to add more features and functions aimed at helping Creators and shoppers alike. We plan on investigating more payment options (i.e. Google Checkout), photo applications, online classes and tutorials, and much more. We will continue to reach out to you, our iCraftGifts.com community for your feedback, content and ideas. Thank you to our wonderful Creators for their trust, support and patience. We're embarking on a fantastic journey, and are so happy each one of you is along for the ride! If you have any questions, please send us a note at Service@iCraftGifts.com - we're here to help!
CurlySue

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:06:07 pm »

What fantastic news! Congrats to everyone at I-Craft and I look forward to some sales  :lol:
nicaeli

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:58:42 pm »

Yay!!! Cheesy
Maple Leaf

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:41:31 am »

Yes, great news!
Btw, I noticed on a few items "Combined Shipping Rate" was the same as the "Regular Rate" which is incorrect. It should always be smaller, than the "Regular Rate", so if I am buying multiple items from you - I can save on shipping charges.  :wink:
Alyburd Designs

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:51 am »

Wonderful!  Thanks for keeping us updated!
BetaBoutique

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 06:37:39 am »

super! i am so excited! i guess we all are Wink
Marys Garden

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 09:39:29 am »

That's wonderful!!!  Congratulations and, so far at least, a job well done!
The Pink Peony

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 04:33:12 pm »

Yay!!!    Cheesy
Beadlam

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 04:46:03 pm »

WOW! It happened! Yay!
3 Bags Anda Tote

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 07:05:16 pm »

Great! I am excited about the launch.  Looking forward to great things on iCraft!
Silver River Jewelry

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 09:16:29 pm »

Excellent!  What wonderful news!  Thanks so much for all of your hard work.
Villa Design

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 12:43:19 pm »

Excellent!
iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:17:34 am »

UPDATE: We have now fixed this issue with the Shopping Bag. It will now accurately reflect how many items are in your Bag as you shop on the site.  Thanks for every one's patience!

AS FROM FIRST POST
".... Please note that the Shopping Bag icon at the top right-hand corner will continue to show "0 Items in your bag" regardless of how many items are in your bag. This is a small glitch that will be worked out in the coming week, but we didn't feel it was important enough to delay launching the Shopping Bag.... "
The Pink Peony

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 08:58:40 am »

Great - thank you!!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  iCraftGifts.com Has Officially Launched & Shopping Bag Release
Jump to:  
Click