Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Read before you leap into leapfish.com
Pages: [1]
Author

Read before you leap into leapfish.com

PillowThrowDecor

« on: March 09, 2010, 05:04:47 pm »

Had a telephone message from a fellow that wanted to feature my "icraft site". 

The fact that he called it that, rather than my "store on icraft" Iit didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about so I looked them up on the net. Google's search results started with reports of scams.  Here's one you may want to read.

http://ebuyersworld.wordpress.com/2009/09/08/leapfish-com-advertisers-beware/

I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you got a call.

Cheers
Christine
SarahMars

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »

Thank god for Google! You can now lookup anyone on Google, before you deal with them. Thanks for letting us know, Christine!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:11:40 pm »

Just wonder how he's got your number. Did he say?
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:30:30 am »

No, he didn't say but it is my cell / business number.

Ya... don't ya just love Google.  Another one that I use is Snopes.com to verify strange stories or "warning emails" .  There are just so many hoaxes and scammers out there.

Even with Layla Grace... the little girl that just died of cancer that you may have heard of on twitter. I know lots of people that checked her out on Snopes before they made a donation just to make sure it wasn't a bad guy pocketing money on the net.

It is a sad footnote to add that there have already been scammers and bandits using the Layla Grace name for their own inappropriate profit and gain.

Christine
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »

I got a call from Leapfish tonight...my husband took the message and was all excited for me.

I thought it sounded suspicious, thanks so much Christine, for your help and info on this.

Gillian
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »

Wow, two calls? That is too close for comfort!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Marketing & Advertising  >  Read before you leap into leapfish.com
Jump to:  
Click