Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What are "captions" for in our pics
Pages: [1]
Author

What are "captions" for in our pics

PillowThrowDecor

« on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:05 am »

When listing a new item, then adding the pictures I see a box for captions.  What are the captions? For what? They improve SEO too.

I have been looking at the for ages but keep forgetting to ask someone  Grin

Cheers
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:05:18 am »

Any line of text that you add to your pages can potentially help with SEO, if you embed some keywords in it. Captions are also good for users to help them understand what they are looking at on the image. Not every image might need a caption though.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:55:00 pm »

Where does the caption show up on the screen when someone is looking at our listing? I tried it but didn't see anything?

So our captions should be filled with keywords? ...like tags? What is the functional difference between tags and keywords.

I know I am over thinking this but I am just trying to get a really good handle on SEO... arghhhhh!

thanks
Christine

iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:17:37 pm »

There is no difference between tags and keywords.

Image captions could be used as alt tags, however, not many people add them, so for the main product image we use product title as an alt tag, instead of relying on captions.

For additional product images, all we have is captions, as we can't use the same alt tag on multiple images.
So adding captions, full of keywords, is beneficial to seo.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  What are "captions" for in our pics
Jump to:  
Click