Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Spanky NEW FORUM FORMAT!!!! COOL STUFF
Pages: [1]
Author

Spanky NEW FORUM FORMAT!!!! COOL STUFF

PillowThrowDecor

« on: February 05, 2010, 09:44:55 am »

I just noticed this mornming of the new colours , format and features on the forum or have I been asleep at the wheel again Smiley

need to try some of this stuff out!

Thanks admin... woo hoo!

PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:59:03 pm »

I love all the tools in this new forum format and have spent some time this morning exploring and catching up on all the posts.  I have been  tied up for what seems like months but ready to dive in again.

I would love to learn how to use all the cool buttons I see above the row of smileys.
Anyone know how to use them?

Maybe when admin has time they can post a lesson on how to do buttons Smiley

Cheers

Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:36 pm »

Hi Christine,
We are still working on tweaking forum UI. You'll probably see some new updates tomorrow. Once we are done with all the forum updates, we'll definitely write up instructions on how to use some new forum features. Thanks!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:04:19 pm »

Super... no pressure Smiley

I already see some more new features in the statistics section... seeing who is online and what they are looking at... including guests! Too cool. No sneaking around here anymore... LOL... not sure if that is a good thing. Can we turn that function off if we want? What if we want to move around in stealth mode so we can check out what the competition is doing? Grin grin
iCraft Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:52 pm »

Currently there is no way to hide your online status. We are exposing it, so people (buyers hopefully) will be able to contact you any time they see your name on the site with sign "Online".
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:59:22 pm »

Its fun to check the stats and see who is online and the number of guests. Do these stats only track activity in the forum? and also product viewing?

Thanks
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »

Forum stats reflect only forum activity for now.
We are working right now on a much tighter integration between forum and the rest of the site. So stay tuned!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:03 pm »

Super!

So this doesn't include activity in the blogs yet?

Do "guests" get the same level of statistical information as do members that are online?

This is so exciting to see activity real time!

Cheers
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 01:33:38 pm »

No, we didn't integrate forum activity with the rest of the site's activity, like blogs area, yet. That's coming shortly.

To answer your second question - no,  guests see less stats on forum, compared to members who are logged-in. They can only see "Online" status and contact any member after submitting a form with their basic personal info.
We assume any site guest is a potential buyer, so we see a benefit in flagging members who are currently online and making it easier for people to contact them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:37:07 pm by iCraft Admin »
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Spanky NEW FORUM FORMAT!!!! COOL STUFF
Jump to:  
Click