Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Message Board - New look and feel
Pages: [1]
Author

Message Board - New look and feel

iCraft Admin

« on: February 04, 2010, 01:05:41 am »

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are replacing current forum platform with the new one shortly. This was mentioned previously, but here are the main reasons why we are doing that:

- new platform is more secure
- it allows us easier integration with our main site
- it has additional built-in functionality, like forum stats

We will maintain single login to Message Board and My Account, so in order to post here, please login as usual.

Once, new forum is in place, we'll do more customization and integration with the rest of the site, and will be looking for everyone's input and feedback at that point. Hope you'll enjoy new forum as much as we do. Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 08:35:56 pm »

Can't wait to see it!
iCraft Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:01:48 am »

As you can see, we have new forum now. We are still fixing things, but would love to hear your feedback on look and feel and functionality. If you encounter any problems, please report them too either here or by sending email to service@icraftgifts.com Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:35:51 pm »

The forums are eye pleasing and the colours fit the rest of the site.

Only thing, and maybe it's just my bad eyes, but I find the difference between the icons for "new posts" versus "no new posts" is not very pronounced.  Can the "no new posts" be a different colour?  Or... maybe the leaf under the butterfly could be green when there's new posts and uncoloured when not?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:13:51 am by Ensorcelled Minds »
iCraft Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »

Thanks for your feedback, Ensorcelled Minds!
Yes, agree "new posts" icon is hard to see. We'll be making a number of UI improvements to Forum in the next week or so. This one will be one of them.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Message Board - New look and feel
Jump to:  
Click