Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened
Pages: [1] 2  All
Author

Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 27, 2009, 05:11:29 am »

Tell us about your GA stats!
storybeader

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:04:01 am »

can't figure our why...  :shock:
It might be because I replied on the message board a few times that day (Day 4).  And when I put up a link on the message board, like on Day 19, I got more hits.   Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, because I comment every day...  :roll:

I did relist on Day 4.  Can't really tell what days were new listing bec I relisted or cloned the whole month.   {:-Deb
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:25:30 am »

Sorry Deb I can't quite figure out what you are referring to here. Can you send a bit more explanation?

Oh by the way. I have made an error in how we use the clone feature. Admin has explained that when we clone a previously listed item we loose SEO benefits for that item. Rather make our changes to freshen it and then "update it".  It doesn't come up on the front page but does show as updated in the product info and comes to the top of the list in our store.

Also when we "update", our whole store comes to the top of the list in the list of creators. Cool huh!

Thanks
Christine
storybeader

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:20:17 pm »

Can't tell WHY people are clicking onto my exhibit page.  Is it because they are looking at a relisted item, or are they going because of the message board.  I guess I need to relist and not post to the message board, and see what the traffic looks like...

Does that make sense?   :shock:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 12:46:10 pm »

When people look at an item they almost always go to your exhibit page to read about you and also to get a quick glimpse if there is anything else they want to browse at.

How were your stats overall? Increased? Decreased?

Cheers
Christine
storybeader

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »

Nov 4th had 14 visitors, then it's been hovering around 5, some more, some less.

I AM SO MAD about the Twitter - some kind of virus I got through the TweetDeck.  After all the days, working and gathering followers, then BLAM!  :twisted:

I got my regular twitter page back, and it looks like Social Oomph is working, but the TweetDeck won't work. I'm wasting too much time, messing with this!
SO UPSET! :!:
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:06:09 pm »

I always have spikes of visitors when I list new items.  I can tell because most of my traffic on an hourly basis is post 7pm.  I list in the evenings.

Direct traffic is 35% of my total traffic.  Is that good?  Search engines are 64%.  Guess I *DO* need to work on SEO cuz people are looking!

Storybeader.com has 6 referrals, tied for second highest (at 6)!  Thanks!

Not many keyword searches got me.  Handmade card quilling was the most while I have very little quilling in this shop.

Google analytics doesn't teach me anything.  I get views when I list.  That's all it has ever taught me.
storybeader

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 09:41:59 pm »

I didn't know I had any referrals!  :shock:

Where did Ensorcelled Minds see that  :?:

Does that mean I have an opportunity to put more products on my exhibit page?  The software won't let me put more that 5  :?:   What do I need to do?
iCraft Admin

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 12:08:16 am »

Hi storybeader,

I think Ensorcelled Minds is referring to "Referring Sites" page within Google Analytics. It looks like your site Storybeader.com brought 6 referrals (visits) to her site.

What you are talking about is a Referral Program, that we have here at iCraft. It gives you 3 months of free unlimited product postings on our site for each new crafter that you refer to us. Please see the detail here  https://icraftgifts.com/community.php

Cheers!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 01:46:11 pm »

Yeah, the referral program with iCraft means you have to get people to sign up to iCraft.  They will use your ID number so iCraft knows who sent them.

Admin summarized the referrals I meant right.  I meant, in my traffic sources in Google Analytics, it tells me 6 people came to my site from Storybeader.com.  Smiley
storybeader

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 01:59:30 pm »

glad I was able to get visitors to your site, Ensorcelled!
Zs Knees

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 01:51:44 am »

Well, the weekend and my mini breakdown are both coming to an end. I sure wish I could have scheduled the latter for another time, ha!  :lol: I'm learning some lessons the hard way about being aware of my stress levels and how to say WHOA! before it's too late. And that's a good thing.

Thank you for the mention in your blog post, Ensorcelled Minds! That really did brighten my day.

Anyhoo I took a look at my GA. In the 'month view' page, views are up 985%... which sounds really fantastic... but it's still under 10 views/day.

As far as referrals, I got 6 from twitter and 5 from a (non-craft) blog I frequent. So that tells me that 1.tweeting brings views 2.posting even on non-craft blogs brings views.

There were a couple of spikes during the month, but I don't know what caused them. There is a lot I don't know about GA. I understand it on a surface level only. (Hint Hint for future bootcamp!:))
wabibrookstudio

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 08:20:08 am »

Hi, just checking in - I've really fallen behind getting ready for my last craft show on the weekend, and now boot camp is over! :-(
Is it too late to catch up?  Or, should I just wait until the next one?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 10:33:26 pm »

Storybeader - it does mean your blog does attract some traffic. Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 10:33:59 pm »

Wabibrook, I think it would still be self-growth encouraging to complete the bootcamp assignments.
Pages: [1] 2  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened
Jump to:  
Click