Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp Homework
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp Homework

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 27, 2009, 05:10:24 am »

Because tomorrow is the weekend this is our last day of Bootcamp   

However next week we are going to announce some more prizes based on our assignments this week so you will be hearing more of me still 

Admin corrected me on an important SEO issue that has to do with CLONING our listings and recycling them as new listings.  This is bad for SEO so is recommending that we don’t do it as we lose links and Google recognition of those pages.  It’s a long explanation that makes real sense so until I can deliver some of that information it is wiser for you not to clone… unless you are listing a new similar product 

Our assignment is about measuring the impact of our marketing efforts.

I am going to assume that everyone is aware of how they set their Google Analytics up… if not contact me or leave message on the forum.

Go to Google analytics and read your report. You can see your data day by day or for the past week and even longer as time passes.  Note on the day that your stats peak and see if you can correlate your activities to that day or the day before.  

Check out the sources of your traffic particularly direct traffic, (internal icraft traffic), referring sites and search engines (organic searches).  By the way… people that are tweeting from certain twitter applications show up as a “direct” source of viewers and won’t show up as a twitter view.

Check your keywords to determine what people requested that caused them to find your site. Check under visitors and then map overlay to determine what countries / cities your views are coming from.

1)   From analyzing this data, determine what activities brought the most productive traffic as this will give you an indication of where and how you should market your products. All those days that you spent time advertising or tweeting about your products should be apparent under referring sites such as twitter.  Selling online is all about numbers of views. It takes weeks and usually months of doing what we’ve done to really start seeing the fruit of our labour.
2)   Please post your findings in the forums so we can all learn what works.
3)   Make note of what Bootcamp activities brought views / sales and set yourself a weekly schedule of activities.  Every day you should be advertising by some means, listing something or, cross promoting by comments on blog, Kabbodling or whichever method works for you.

I really am looking forward to seeing your findings so we can all learn from them.

Talk to you again really soon!!
Cheers
Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 27 Icraft Bootcamp Homework
Jump to:  
Click