Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 26 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 26 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 26, 2009, 02:27:57 am »

Spill.... tell us all the good stuff!

Cheers
Christine
Weezi

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:09:07 pm »

I LOVED boot camp! Even though I got behind on occasion...I would love to do it again. It was very helpful and educating.

1. I am so grateful for you turning me on to Twitter and what it can potentially do for my business. I thought Twitter was kind of stupid and silly until you showed me the way!

2. I liked learning about all the search stuff , tags and key words etc. ...still have a lot to figure out but I am sure it will be very helpful on many levels.

3. I like having to think about Weezi from a 3rd person point of view with the commercial, ads, titles etc. I AM Weezi so I am always in the think of it...it was good to be told to come out from "behind the curtain" and try and see if from a customers point of view.
I struggle with this a lot.

Of course I really enjoyed meeting all the other boot campers and seeing what is going on with all of them.
I can't tell you Christine how much I appreciate all your time and help!!!

ICraft:
1. I like that is run by Canadians, in Canada and I have a place to sell from and send people to that is Canadian based.
I know that our sellers market in Canada is SOOO much smaller then in the US but it is nice to have Icraft to balance it out.

2. I like the whole set up...I like the way my sellers page looks and I like how the front page looks. I like the fee system too. It was easy to set up and list.

3. I like how I can network here....how the listings are connected w Twitter. I like that we can blog here as well.

I am sure I will think of other things that I have forgotten to mention.

thanx!!! Lisa Smiley

www.weezi.com
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37:32 pm »

Good list.  Anything more that you can think of, keep it coming as this is all great information for blog and PR material.

Good stuff!!!
storybeader

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:50:53 am »

1) List at least three things that you like about Bootcamp, or things that have helped you with your business.
I was excited about Bootcamp the moment I saw it advertised.  To learn new ways of marketing - I needed that! The biggest way it helped me was giving me the opportunity to work outside my comfort zone.  Great introduction to Twitter and Twitter tools - I know I'll keep using them.  I thought there would be many more people, but it was very intimate, and I felt like I was getting one-on-one attention.  Thanks Christine.

2) List 3 things about icraft that you like and would share with another seller.

I hadn't heard of icraft before, and I like the personal attention the admin give the sellers.  I like the Community Useful Links, and the Sellers' Bootcamp - that's why I joined in the first place.  It's nice that sellers have a choice of how much they want to pay, to have a presence on the site.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 08:46:38 pm »

1) List at least three things that you like about Bootcamp, or things that have helped you with your business.

[1] I like the self-reflection.  We are challenged to see ourselves and our businesses through different eyes.

[2] I like the motivation.  Others are working hard to promote this site with me, so that I don't feel all alone.

[3] I like the opportunity to learn about the tools out there to help us review and manage our businesses.

2) List 3 things about icraft that you like and would share with another seller.

[1] I love being able to quote in any price.  It shifts the foreign currency exposure to the buyer.

I think it would be cooler if there was a currency converter for buyers though.  We quote in the price we want.  The buyer picks their currency from a drop down when they come to iCraft main.  Behind the scenes, iCraft looks up the exchange rate between those two currencies, does the calc and shows all shops and items visited by the buyer in their chosen currency price (with the disclaimer that it is an estimate price based on the exhange at the time of viewing).  The sellers are listing how they like and the buyer is shopping how they like.

[2] I like the fee structure in terms of being able to pay all upfront and get a discount for it.  I pay about as much monthly both on Etsy and iCraft (although I have more listed on Etsy for that price), but I always have to log in and pay my bill with Etsy.  iCraft, I don't have to worry about it as much and I don't have to constantly renew stuff as it expires.  No commission is SUPER nice too.  iCraft gets security in what they are going to earn each month and I get security in what I`m going to pay!

[3] I can only list up to 50 items, so I dont' know how it is for more than that, but I love how my shops shows EVERYthing on the first page.  No pages to sift through - you can see at a glance if I have anything of interest to you.  Time is PRECIOUS to internet shoppers!
The Knitting Lady

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »

Thanks to Bootcamp, I am now on Twitter http://twitter.com/Knitting_Lady
I now see the value that it provides to those who need to promote their business online.
I wasn't really participating, but enjoyed reading Forums and learned a lot along the way. Thanks Christine and everyone who shared their knowledge!
Zs Knees

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 02:07:08 am »

Bootcamp provides structure. When you're part of a program, it's a lot easier to get the job done.

Bootcamp is very motivating. It helps to know you've got lots of other campers doing the same assignments, and Christine is a top-notch cheerleader!

Bootcamp is great for introducing new tools and websites that help with marketing.

iCraft admin are personable and prompt, anytime you have a question.

I love that iCraft has a clean, uncluttered look and feel.

Being able to list 5 for free is a nice way to give iCraft a test drive and see if it's for you.
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 26 Icraft Bootcamp What Happened
Jump to:  
Click