Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 What's Happening
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 24 What's Happening

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 24, 2009, 03:08:49 am »

Let's hear what you found on Google search.
Cheers
Christine
Callidora

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:08:38 pm »

I searched up "evening gowns".  My top countries were:
US
Australia
UK
Canada

"evening dresses" fared better in the searches than "gowns".  Good to know Smiley
Weezi

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:45:13 pm »

i might be doing it incorrectly...every time i search i get nothing.

Note: there is some wanna be psuedo rapper ut there called weezie
( with an e) he is SERIOUSLY messing things up for me.
When I do a search is always asks do i want to add an "e'...NO!-i do not.

But when weezi came up in the search it went right to entertainment. Not sure if this is relevant or not.

I have this name for more then 20 years....watch out..it might get ugly Wink
Sorry, I had to vent there for a minute.
Weezi

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:54:53 pm »

Can I just say, that I am now addicted to twitter which is great.
I have both tweetdeck and hootsuite set up...great new freinds t chat w and lots going on.
But can I just say...EVERYONE is listing on here.
EVERYONE.

Maybe it is just the people that I have picked to follow so far ( crafty sorts and vintage sellers)
But how am i supposed to be noticed when there are 100-200 other tweets coming in an hour...all new listings and postings??
In some ways I feel like I am back to square one... that I have to cross and fingers and hope that someone will click on the tiny url and look.

There is a new listing or relist every minute..some I look at.. most I don't...which is what will happen to my posts....people gloss over them???
I have had numbers go up on the listings i have listed on twitter which is encouraging.
Today i really feel like a tiny piece of plankton in a giant ocean of the twitter game.
I am just finding it overwhelming....
Blame it on the bus strike here in London.
Weezi

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:30 pm »

sorry wasn't supposed to post here...i got to ranting Sad
storybeader

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:42:38 pm »

1) listed one of my necklaces over again, "Doves Rising"
"The young woman looked
Out the tipi towards the white
Doves and rising sun."

2)Tweeted about the necklace.  18 views!
Been talking to people about cars and Thanksgiving dinner.  No one's responded to me so far.

I have to look at your #3 more carefully.  BBL  Cheesy
storybeader

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:53:38 pm »

OK, I did my search - journal.  At first it picked up Wall Street Journal.   :shock:

So I went back and put in handmade journal.  And the result was 100 for US and everybody else was 0.  That doesn't make any sense - only Americans are looking for handmade journals :?:   I think not....
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:06:11 am »

Quote from: "Weezi"

I have this name for more then 20 years....watch out..it might get ugly Wink
Sorry, I had to vent there for a minute.

You're funny!

I don't have an answer for this weezieeeee guy

Are you using igoogle when you search?  igoogle is different than google. You haVE TO have an account in google. Then go to igoogle where you can customize some of your own google tools.
I'm off to do some searches.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 02:23:38 am »

Hey Weezi

Go to  your igoogle... sign  in and then search using the word upcycled.
Here is a link to my search but I don't know if it will work for you as it is a link within my account.

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=upcycled%2C&cmpt=q
use the word "upcycle"

In 2009 "upcycled" has gone through the roof so that tells us you should be describing upcycled handbags".

Cheers
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:31:01 am »

You're right Callidora... evening dress is a more popular tern than evening gown. I found your rising search information really interesting!!! People very price consious looking for "cheap".

Rising searches

1.    cheap evening dress    +100%
2.    long evening dresses    +90%
3.    long evening dress    +80%
4.    blue evening dress    +80%
5.    short evening dress    +50%
6.    evening dress sale    +50%
7.    white evening dress    +40%
8.    white dress    +40%
9.    green evening dress    +40%
Zs Knees

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 02:33:05 am »

I could've spent hours on that google graph site, very interesting to see the regional differences in terms.

For example "soft toys" hardly registered in the US & Canada but scored high in the UK.

Then there are some that were at zero zero zero, then suddenly shot up around 2007-2008 and remain steady: "baby blanket set" and "blanket and pillow set" were both like that.

Good to know that although most of the terms I tried spiked around the end of the year, searches like "shower gifts" did the opposite, spiking in the summer.

I had fun looking at the popularity of felted items! It's apparently not at all popular in Canada? EXCEPT for "felted slippers", and then Canada suddenly shows up in the 1st slot! Funny.

Anyway, thanks for that link, got it bookmarked, I'll be there often. Cheesy

Cloned my bear, tweeted that. Weezi, I know that plankton feeling... Smiley
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:47:53 am »

Plankton is a good way of describing it.

Yes it is a feeling we all feel... I certainly did. Very quickly you realize you are amongst a bunch of other sellers "pimping" the same thing you are. Everyone is selling and no one buying... just snooping.

You homework assignment for tomorrow is going to help you through that so I'll look forward to hearing how you made out.

Cheers

Christine

Christine
Callidora

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 09:50:01 am »

I take it Rising Searches means the percentage of recent change.  Sadly, I would never use the "cheap" in my tags.  (Just a bad connotation for handmade!)  However, I am interested in the results for "long" and "short".

Do you think it would be wrong to include a color tag to bump searches?  I don't in a specific color only.  Most everything I make is custom made and the buyer chooses a color.  I don't want to be misleading, but I wouldn't mind the extra exposure of having "red" or "black" listed.  Thoughts?......

Quote from: "PillowThrowDecor"
You're right Callidora... evening dress is a more popular tern than evening gown. I found your rising search information really interesting!!! People very price consious looking for "cheap".

Rising searches

1.    cheap evening dress    +100%
2.    long evening dresses    +90%
3.    long evening dress    +80%
4.    blue evening dress    +80%
5.    short evening dress    +50%
6.    evening dress sale    +50%
7.    white evening dress    +40%
8.    white dress    +40%
9.    green evening dress    +40%
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:31 am »

Hey Callidora!

Yes, as I understand it, it is percentage change. So if there is only one searched last month and 2 searched this month then it would show as 100% increase... I think.  Anyone else have a handle on that? Need to check that one out a bit more. Nevertheless it is an indicator to be watched.

I agree with your comments about cheap, discount and budget. I rarely use those terms in my tags or descriptions but when I am reducing prices to blow something out I use them... they do attract a different buyer.

DEFINATELY USE COLOUR OR COLOR to bump. Smiley I search all the time using colour and can see that most of the time people searching on my pillows use colours.  Also mispellings (pillow vs pilow or pillows vs pillow) and Canadian spelling vs. US spelling makes a difference.  It seems silly sometimes but you have to go with the masses to be found.

Good work everyone!

Cheers
Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 What's Happening
Jump to:  
Click