Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 24 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:50 am »

1)   List something or tweak up an existing listing and “clone” it to make it new.

2)   Tweet about your listing and tweet about something “interesting” that you read, or learned, or another seller’s items that you admire. I want you to “engage” in conversation on twitter.

3)   Something new… Go to google  http://www.google.com/insights/search/#
Set up a search for your product line. Example… I set up my search as PILLOWS
Here I can see “interest over time” as a graph of the long term interest in pillows
I can see regional interest… Americans searching for pillows mostly, then Japan, then Canada
I can also see rising searches which might help me what new product I should be introducing.
Do your search and post some important comments relevant to your product.

Cheers

Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:21:17 pm »

Neat!  The UK came up #1 for handmade cards.  The U.S. and Canada barely made the list at #8 and 9.

Birthday and Anniversary cards are big.

Interest over time is steadily declining, while 2010 is predicted to among the worst yet.  :cry:

Scrapbook embellishments is the U.S. - no one else had a bar on the list.  Interest is slightly declined but fairly steady.

Paper Piecing is the U.S., Canada, and Australia by far, but also declining interest.

Hmm, seems "card making embellishment" is a good search term... Going to change some tags in my shop.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:39:32 am »

Interestingly "Pillows" were on the decline since 2004.

I wonder if pillows and paper are in decline relative to say IPODs and other GIZMOS. Electronics have moved in and taken over the markets.  Maybe that's it.

Cheers
Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 24 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment
Jump to:  
Click