Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 19 What's Happening
Pages: 1 2 [All]
Author

Day 19 What's Happening

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 19, 2009, 07:36:43 am »

Tell us all how you are making out with your spiffy new icraftgifts.com blog Smiley
Cheers
Christine
Callidora

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:08:59 am »

Here is my newly cloned item: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19408/betsy-sue-1950s-style-dress-in-your-size-and-fabric-choice.php

I'm going to work on my blog some this afternoon.

Ideas for blogs: "how to" posts
product reviews
giveaways, whether your own or someone else's
upcoming projects in your studio
new product launch
Callidora

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:50:03 am »

I just found out that if you go to the Profile page of your account, you can turn on automatic Twitter updates of new and updated items!  Yay!  Did that!  I also found out that adding an Exhibit Announcement displays a beautiful little graphic and your message is a much larger font above your shop description.  It looks so good!  Had the shop open for a year and didn't do either thing - hallelujah Sellers Bootcamp!

Cheesy
Naturliche

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:02:43 am »

Quote from: "Callidora"
I just found out that if you go to the Profile page of your account, you can turn on automatic Twitter updates of new and updated items!  Yay!  Did that!  I also found out that adding an Exhibit Announcement displays a beautiful little graphic and your message is a much larger font above your shop description.  It looks so good!  Had the shop open for a year and didn't do either thing - hallelujah Sellers Bootcamp!

Cheesy

tee hee.. i just discovered this a short while ago too.
I saw it on some other people's "shops" and wondered about it.  Then when I was updating some stuff, i realized where to put it in.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 01:32:23 pm »

Wow... good ideas... perfect.

Quote from: "Callidora"
Here is my newly cloned item: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19408/betsy-sue-1950s-style-dress-in-your-size-and-fabric-choice.php

I'm going to work on my blog some this afternoon.

Ideas for blogs: "how to" posts
product reviews
giveaways, whether your own or someone else's
upcoming projects in your studio
new product launch
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »

Looks like I need to do more exploring in my own store.  Way to go guys.

Cheers

Christine

Quote from: "Naturliche"

tee hee.. i just discovered this a short while ago too.
I saw it on some other people's "shops" and wondered about it.  Then when I was updating some stuff, i realized where to put it in.
storybeader

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 01:56:03 pm »

1) I'll have to do some more updating, but I'm running out of items to update...  Guess most of you have more than 5 items in your exhibit....  :cry:

2)  I went back over some months of blog posts, and looked to see what did best.  The interviews do very well - lots of people expect to see them now (what I said yesterday about being consistent #page has been deleted#. ) The top responses usually have to do with team events, like the Etsybloggers carnivals and featured (monthly) artists.  It might be a good idea to have something like a carnival here, where people take turns thinking up topics, and everybody writes on that topic.

Tutorials are one of the most interesting thing for artists/crafters to read.  We all love to learn!    Tongue   Opportunities you have, like "Blogging for Beads" are always fun to read.  Same as watching the progression of something being made.  

I like to read about new and exciting tools available on the Internet - people love to be introduced to new tools, esp. if they are bloggers.

3) took me a while to find a pic, but finally got one.  Some of you read my last blog.  For those that didn't catch it, it's at: https://icraftgifts.com/storybeader/blog/
storybeader

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:41:28 pm »

on your Creator exhibit page, it says, "Blog: Visit my Blog"
Is that suppose to link to the icraft blog
https://icraftgifts.com/storybeader/blog/

or my regular blog (Stroll through Storyland)
http://www.storybeader.com

:?:  :?:  :?:
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 10:42:21 pm »

There is no way I can maintain two blogs.  I'm keeping my blogger account.  I did update my profile though, so I don't look like a deadbeat!

I have family in hospital awaiting bypass surgery (doctors said triple, but possibly quadruple).  Spending time visiting has taken away crafting and store mgmt time.  I hope to get something new listed over the weekend.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:42 pm »

Oh yes - and I posted my blog topic ideas here:
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1045/need-ideas-and-topics-for-the-blog-and-face-book-page/

To recap:
1. Interviews (okay! we all know that!)
2. Challenges
3. Education - the hisotry of your artform or little known facts

I am a HUGE fan of tutorials... but I don't know that I could write one.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 11:17:31 pm »

Maintaining two blogs is tough...LOL... I am not good at doing one.  But for our purposes, so long as everyone can get a wee bit of something posted on their icraft blog as well as their updated profile it will encourage others to pick up their pen and write too.

I have just had the most fantastic, HUMUNGOUS pillow day in my whole pillow career .  I am going to blog about it as my homework latter tonight and... it is ALL THANKS TO TWITTER!!!

... just a wee bit though... I was talking to a designer in her store showing her the latest pillow I had made.  A customer was lurking behind a cabinet and when I held up this new animal pillow she came running around to us and said.  " I know you haven't priced it or anything yet but I want to buy that pillow. Actually I would like 2 like that and a matching throw.  Do you do drapes and bedding too?"   Ha ha ha, giggle, grin from ear to ear.

I answered, "why yes, of course... anything you like".

So how many of my pillows do you think this designer bought today???

Hint... I drive a SUV.

Read my blog in the morning.... grin grin grin grin grin.

Christine
still grinning
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 11:26:53 pm »

..................  and the prize of  your choice  ...

For November Bootcamp iCraftGifts.com is offering:

*  Exhibit "Makeover", including 1 Banner and 1 Avatar Design, plus clean-up (if needed) of all of your product images by our designer.
    * SEO "Makeover" of one Exhibit, as well as teaching you how to optimize your pages in the future.
    * Product placements on the Homepage and more.  

Additionally:

IndieCEO will be providing to all bootcampers an ebook on computer maintenance for PCs for small and home businesses - a street-smart must have!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 11:32:55 pm »

.......................... going to be announced in the morning.

I just want you all to know we are almost in our last week of Bootcamp.  This is where the going gets tough (not really) so the tough go shopping...
sort of.

Admin has offered some fantastic incentives (as seen in my previous post) that I just want to remind all bootcampers about. In the next 8 days we will be drawing these as we count down to finish.

So hang in there it is going to get interesting.  Smiley

Cheers
Christine
iCraft Admin

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 12:05:47 am »

Hi storybeader,
https://icraftgifts.com/storybeader/blog/ is the link to your personal blog on iCraft. You can see all your posts there, as well as your bio, small promo widget for your Exhibit and a list of your blog categories.
Zs Knees

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 02:08:51 am »

Congrats Christine, on your gigantic sale! Way to go, can't wait to hear about it! Cheesy

And WOW, that's a lot of homework you tossed at us today! Blogging is intimidating. I've been mulling over the idea of starting one for several months now. But I want to make sure I have the time and energy to commit to it. Now, I think that if I do start one, I'll be right there with Ensorcelled Minds, and not want to be running 2 of them.

Nevertheless, I started my profile page. An entry? Not yet! I'm still not done freaking out about posting a public picture of myself, lol! People seem to go on about all the people you can connect to via the web, and all I can think about is all the people I DON'T want to connect with!! Well, I guess it's just another thing to talk about on my imaginary psychotherapist's couch...  :wink:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 03:06:48 am »

You are too funny.

Re 2 blogs...

We all should have our own blog that is connected to our website maybe a Wordpress blog so that traffic you bring helps your website ranking with google.

A central blog like Blogger likes it when you draw traffic, as it benefits Blogger for ranking not necessarily you or your store or your website.

Blogging within the icraft blog helps ranking for icraft and your store especially when you place lots of "rich" links within the icraft site.

I f you are not ready to make a solid committment to blogging icraft's blogging facilities are the best bet for you because at least there is someone else looking after the maintenance and technical issues and you have the benefit of your fellow sellers "pooling" their blogs on this site.

Also there is an "import" button so you can bring in a copy of your blogs from your other site and I guess duplicate them here (or you can customize them a bit).

I don't know if I have explained that 100% correctly but that is what I have figured out in my research. I am working on moving my blog from Blogger to Wordpress.  I have no problem sharing my posts between the two blogs.... at least so I have some blog presence on icraft.

You are right... there are many nut bars  on twitter! and everywhere else too.  Do what you feel comfortable. I most often use a pic of my chief pillow fairy... she's so cute. I look mean and bossy with bags under my eyes and droppy lids... argggghhh what a mess... until I smile.  Same for you... I am sure you are beautiful when you smile.
VerreDesign

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 09:32:36 am »

I followed Lynn Terry's advices in "How to write a blog..." ( http://www.clicknewz.com/1993 ) when I wrote my latest blog post. Took me a little longer than usual but I guess that's because I'm still not use to it:) I like it - and will watch closely how it does in terms of traffic in the next few days:)

The post is called "What to Buy a Jewelry Maker Lover for Christmas?". Check it out for some great ideas Smiley  http://verredesign.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-to-buy-jewelry-maker-lover-for.html

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Patricia Wood
VerreDesign
One of a kind Artisan Jewelry
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:26 am »

Good for you.  Will check it out.

Glad her advice helped.

Cheers
Zs Knees

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 12:58:09 am »

I'm not worried about the nut-jobs I don't know. I'm more concerned about continuing to avoid the ones I DO know!

p.s. Do I look droopy in my photo, lol? (In plenty of them, yes, but that one, I was too pregnant-and-all-aglow to droop!)

Anyway, good points about the blogging issues, thanks.

Quote from: "PillowThrowDecor"
You are too funny.

You are right... there are many nut bars  on twitter! and everywhere else too.  Do what you feel comfortable. I most often use a pic of my chief pillow fairy... she's so cute. I look mean and bossy with bags under my eyes and droppy lids... argggghhh what a mess... until I smile.  Same for you... I am sure you are beautiful when you smile.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »

Also there is an "import" button so you can bring in a copy of your blogs from your other site and I guess duplicate them here (or you can customize them a bit).

Oooo!  I like this.
Weezi

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 07:32:51 pm »

Okay so I copy and paste to 3-4  blogs whenever I write. I  start on my personal web page and move to other sites from there.
Works Ok for me..not sure how many people REALLY read them but that is where bootcamp kicks in.

I find I have to keep it short, sweet and too the point.
I am trying to appeal to visual people..they like to look quickly and get out.
Too much text and they don't rad it anyhow...that I do know.
Same with the newsletters I send out.
I think they are very informative and people tell me that just look at the pictures for the most point.

Blog Ideas:
1. I love finding other cool things that are online and showing them off. I like to help spread the word for other sellers and artists if I can.

2. My blog is a great place to show what is new and coming before I list it.
It is like a little "preview".

3. Events and spreading the word on what is going on in the community.

I like all the other ideas too that the others have suggested.

BTW- when I try and use my icraft blog for my blog URL-it won't let me no mater how many times I try.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 01:24:48 am »

Maybe this is something Admin can address?

Good job everyone!!!

Quote from: "Weezi"

BTW- when I try and use my icraft blog for my blog URL-it won't let me no mater how many times I try.
Pages: 1 2 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 19 What's Happening
Jump to:  
Click