Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Need Ideas and Topics for the Blog and Face Book Page!!!
Pages: 1
Author

Need Ideas and Topics for the Blog and Face Book Page!!!

Mazzy Blue Studios

« on: November 10, 2009, 10:37:19 am »

Let me introduce my self, my name is Selina Farmer and I am helping out with the FB page and the Blog:)

You can learn more about me and my artwork here http://www.mazzyblue.com/the-artist

I have been an artist most all my life...always trying new and unique things:)

I would love to hear from all of you...your ideas and suggestions for the Blog, and topics, contests, tutorials for the Face Book page!!!  

So please feel free to contact me or post on this thread some of your ideas and suggestions:)

I am of course on Face Book so if you want to contact me just go to http://www.facebook.com/selina.farmer and friend me or send me a note:)

Ok well I hope to see you all in Face Book Land or the blog world soon!!!

Keep on Crafting & Creating!!!

~Cheers~

Selina Farmer
http://
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:17:24 am »

Wow... am looking forward to seeing our Blog and Facebook page unfold. Good for you in jumping in!

Wow...Had a peak at your blog and your store. OMG this little pucker pup is just awesome!  Too cute!
#page has been deleted#

Our Bootcampers will help with some material (shhhh they don't know it yet) Smiley..

I would love to see information on doing Christmas artisan shows. A checklist , display ideas, how people handle handling money and credit cards.  Anything! I am a newbie at this and would appreciate any info.

Thanks so much
Christine
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:19:57 pm »

I have two ideas for the blog:

1) Creator interviews.  You can ask creators to submit them so you can screen for quality.

2) Challenges!  You can set a theme or colour or other general challenge and creators can adapt it to their artform and then the blog can show and tell the challenge pieces.
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 11:20:52 pm »

Selina is going to be posting on our Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/iCraftca/7670217021 Become a fan today!

As for the Blog, Ensorcelled Minds I like your ideas!

We currently have a Blog Category called "In the Spotlight". Until now, we were writing articles about select few, but could open this section up for Creator Interviews the way you've described them.

Love the idea of "Challenges". This sounds fun! I am going to add this new category to our Blog section (not live yet!). Ensorcelled Minds, I am counting on you for the first Challenge theme.  Tongue
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:01 pm »

Easy peasy!  Make something CELEBRATORY for when the blog launches!

Examples:
- direct celebratory items
- reminiscent of / inspired by fireworks
- party related / party favours
- anniversary related (you know those milestones - silver, gold, diamond etc.? - use these as materials, colours, or just inspiration)
- anything you can think of that will keep us bathed in celebration!

Get ready to celebrate!!
Mazzy Blue Studios

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:41:23 pm »

Awesome ideas!!! Keep them coming!!!!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:40 pm »

Guess you will have to figure out how to take submissions for interviews and challenge entries though....

Another idea for the blog: the history of a craft or an artform - just a little education for the general public to gain an appreciation for the items on iCraft.  You can use picture examples from people's shops.

There's gotta be more ideas out there!  We must have some creative think-tanks poking around!  Come out!  Where are you?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:34:40 pm »

OOOO - how about statistics?
- Historical trends of the most popular crafts over time.
- traffic statistics
- online transaction volumes over time
- handmade product listing volumes over time by categories / sales volumes too

How about event coverage too - only for events hosted or organized by iCraft creators?
Mazzy Blue Studios

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 07:33:09 pm »

All Great Ideas!!! I will have to see how we can fit all of this into the blogs and Face Book Page:)

I'm working on it!!!

Thanks everyone and please keep posting your ideas!!!!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »

Last month I entered a challenge for artisans that created using "upcycled" or "repurposed" materials.

We had to post pictures of the before and after and it WAS SO AMAZING!!! A lot of people must lay awake at night thinking up weird and wonderful things.

So my suggestion would be to have artisans that upcycle share before and after pictures.

Cheers

Christine
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  General Discussion  >  Need Ideas and Topics for the Blog and Face Book Page!!!
Jump to:  
Click