Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 12 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 12 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 12, 2009, 02:27:12 am »

So far we have done….

Day 1 Personal  bio (written)
Day 2  Professional interview (written)
Day 3 Business cards /printed marketing material and done signature lines on our emails
Day 4 Listed new item, tweeted and thought about what makes our product so special.
Day 5 Learned Twitter 101 using Tweetdeck
Day 6 More Twitter and Personal advertisement (written)
Day 7 and 8 Weekend catch up
Day 9  Starting Daily tweets, new listing & updates, Learning Tweetlater or Hootsuite
Day 10 Fifteen Sec. Elevator Speech and new listing (written)
Day 11 Catch up day and tweets

1)Today we are going to use Google Keyword Tool to get new keyword ideas. While I am not able to explain the science of keyword use, I do understand that it is important to use these “popular” words in describing your product.  Go to

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

I searched “pillows”  and there were over 6 million “broad” searches done for the month of October… broad means that the word pillow may have been used with other words in a phrase.  I searched the words “decorative pillows” and there were 550,000 searches.  Within the “Decorative pillow” list there were only 5 searches for “trendy decorative pillows”. Hmmm...

This tells me that to just use the word “pillows” in my product titles  I will be in a very popular search category but also in an extremely competitive search. Many people are paying big money to show up close to the first Google search page while I am getting buried amongst thousands of other pillows.

Also to define my pillows too narrowly such as “trendy decorative pillows” only 5 people MAY be exposed to my pillows.  So the lesson here is to use relevant words that aren’t too broad  (where you get buried) or too narrow (where you are on top of a heap where no one is looking).

Your assignment is to research keywords for your store and collect a list of words and phrases that you could use in your titles, tags and descriptions. Report your discoveries with keywords in the “What’s Happened “thread.
Google search trend  http://www.google.com/trends?q=pillows shows me that October November is not a strong month for pillow shopping .  Arggggghhh!

More Google insights and trends  http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=pillows&cmpt=qw  We are just barely scratching the surface of keywords but this will make you more aware of how important it is to use key words in ALL you write… even your bios and advertisements. Smiley

2) Have all your writing assignments done?  Icraft admin. has offered a pretty nice draw coming up next week for all those that have. More info to follow.  Woo Hoo!!!

Cheers
Christine
Callidora

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:57:13 am »

The adwords link didn't go any where.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:45 am »

I just checked this link.

Its fixed now... it did not like the period at the end of a sentence.

Thanks

Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 12 Icraft Bootcamp Assignment
Jump to:  
Click