Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 Icraft Bootcamp WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Author

Day 4 Icraft Bootcamp WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:17 am »

Ok... I am just busting to see a great long list of super duper new products here all with their links and if you have a chance to come back tell us any interesting twitter stories about it.  Check your views too!
Cheers
Christine
storybeader

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:50:24 am »

I'm waiting on my Washi paper, so I can't finish up the item I'm working on... But I did relist my Orange Circles.  I had the book open, so I chose a different first photo. Here it is:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18934/handmade-bound-any-week-planner-w-lined-papers.php

Went over to twitter.  What's the #craft listing all about?  Is it our own secret code for bootcamp?   :lol:   {:-Deb
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:58 am »

I'm going to be thinking hard about today's assignment while I'm at work....the "selling oneself" part is the difficult part for me!

I listed a new lampwork focal bead..."Chocolate & Caramel" in my shop, and tweeted about it.

Here's the link...I've been taking new photos, I like the darker, neutral background.

#page has been deleted#

Have a great day everyone!!
Brilliant Beads

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 08:32:07 am »

Great book storybeader!

I retweeted it for you too....

Gillian
Unicorn Creations

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:54:57 am »

I have gone into Twitter for Storybeader and I try to Tweet, I just cannot!  I was able to put a comment for you, but I have never figured out how to Tweet or Retweet.  I cannot wait until we learn about this in Bootcamp.

When I get home tonight I will post my latest project for everyone to look at.  I hope you all like it!

Rhonda
storybeader

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 01:25:03 pm »

I tweeted about Gillian's focal lampwork bead.  
Good enough to eat!   :lol:   {:-Deb
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 02:52:38 pm »

Super... I will go and look at it and tweet it on Twitter for you so it will get blasted out to my 2300 followers.

Say... if an hour later GalleriaLinda wants to check out what's new with our bootcampers' products but only has a 5 minute coffee break she can do a twitter search using ....#icraft...  and all of our bootcampers new product tweets will come up.  That WORKS ONLY IF YOU USE #ICRAFT somewhere in your 140 characters.  

Make sense?... very efficient and zoom zoom!

LOL... secret code... ur a very funny girl Smiley

Quote from: "storybeader"
... But I did relist my Orange Circles.  I had the book open, so I chose a different first photo. Here it is:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18934/handmade-bound-any-week-planner-w-lined-papers.php

Went over to twitter.  What the #craft listing all about?  Is it our own secret code for bootcamp?   :lol:   {:-Deb
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 02:59:42 pm »

Thank you for reminding me that some of you may not be using Tweetdeck a free twitter program that makes it soooooo much easier to twitter and stay organized. Maybe I will make this a priority in tonights homework.

Although we are focusing on LOCAL SELLING Twitter is very powerful to build your product views which is important so we get noticed by google... yadda yadda.  But what is amazing to me is the incredibly valuable contacts I have made in my local region that have brought me SOME MORE CUSTOM SALES... GO FIGURE HUH!!!

Twitter pays off... which reminds me I better get back to work as I have  small drapery  and about 10 wholesale pillows for this twitter acquaintance. Yahoo!!!

Cheers
Christine

Quote from: "Unicorn Creations"
I have gone into Twitter for Storybeader and I try to Tweet, I just cannot!  I was able to put a comment for you, but I have never figured out how to Tweet or Retweet.  I cannot wait until we learn about this in Bootcamp.

When I get home tonight I will post my latest project for everyone to look at.  I hope you all like it!

Rhonda
Callidora

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 06:02:09 pm »

Well, I took the plunge!  I had a free account for the last year and really didn't get any traffic.  Yesterday, when I was looking at all your lovely stores, I noticed that I was very attracted to the ones with more than 5 items in them.  I realized that a buyer would also be more attracted to my store if I could list more than 5 items.  So, I upgraded to the Starter level and I noticed there was a discount for doing 12 months at once.  So I did it!  I started listing more items yesterday, but here is today's new item:

https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_clothing.php?fmRecKey=18954

My views on yesterday's items are great!  I just wish there was an importer feature.  I have my shops on Etsy and Artfire all set up with 30-something listings and I would love to just zap them in.  I'm also noticing that I'm having to re-size every image for iCraft - which makes it take longer.

I have very few local orders, which doesn't make sense since custom sizing would be even better if I had a body for fittings.  I'm looking forward to learning how to expand local business.  I don't do craft shows though.  They are always a waste for me, since most everything is custom made I don't carry an inventory of items to sell.
storybeader

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 07:19:23 pm »

Callidora - cute tank top.  But your link didn't get me anywhere... :roll:  
Congrats. on expanding your shop!  {:-Deb
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 07:44:45 pm »

Professionally assembled journal, Storybeader.
Cool swirly bead, Brilliantbeads.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:13 pm »

Callidora, I clicked on your avatar to get to the shop.  The link was a back office link, I think.

I love the Ghostbuster outfit!  That movie rocked in it's day!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

I will think about my descriptions.

I am trying something new!  A SET Of cards.
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18958/five-handmade-christmas-cards-2009-set-1.php
storybeader

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 08:32:27 pm »

Christine - I re-read your post about Twitter above, and you have convinced me that it is a good thing.  I never could get into it - posting everyday, unexciting words.  
Does it really work?  :shock:  
Can you really connect to the millions of people out there?  :roll:
It'd be great if you (and others) can teach us how you can really use it.  Smiley
Callidora

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 09:27:30 pm »

Does this work? https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18954/grey-leopard-tank-top-size-xxl.php

Callidora - cute tank top.  But your link didn't get me anywhere... :roll:  
Congrats. on expanding your shop!  {:-Deb
Unicorn Creations

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »

I love looking at other peoples creations.  Very wonderful things to look at!  Mine is not attached to Twitter yet, I need to learn about Twitter first.
But I did put a new posting today, these new ornaments are my hottest seller right now.
#page has been deleted#

Thanks for looking!
Rhonda
storybeader

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 11:18:11 pm »

I had never heard of Dora  :roll:   UNTIL I went to the store to find an alternative to candy for Halloween.  I found little bags of fruit bites to hand out.  They were Dora, and Spiderman, and Scoobie Doo, and some others.  Dora was new to me! :lol:   She's cute!
Craft Boutique

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 12:07:52 am »

Sorry, I am so behind!  :oops:
I've started a new job this week and was very very busy. I have to confess - I haven't done any assignments yet, but I am trying to follow what's going on on the Message Board. I was also tweeting here and there and telling everyone I know about the Bootcamp. I love the program! I think Linda and Christine are brilliant! Hope I'll be able to fully participate soon. Thanks!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:32 am »

Congrates on moving "into larger space and stocking your shelves"  You will see views picking up for sure!!!

Cheers

Christine

Quote from: "Callidora"
Well, I took the plunge!  I had a free account for the last year and really didn't get any traffic.  Yesterday, when I was looking at all your lovely stores, I noticed that I was very attracted to the ones with more than 5 items in them.  I realized that a buyer would also be more attracted to my store if I could list more than 5 items.  So, I upgraded to the Starter level and I noticed there was a discount for doing 12 months at once.  So I did it!  I started listing more items yesterday, but here is today's new item:

https://icraftgifts.com/member_product_detail_clothing.php?fmRecKey=18954

My views on yesterday's items are great!  I just wish there was an importer feature.  I have my shops on Etsy and Artfire all set up with 30-something listings and I would love to just zap them in.  I'm also noticing that I'm having to re-size every image for iCraft - which makes it take longer.

I have very few local orders, which doesn't make sense since custom sizing would be even better if I had a body for fittings.  I'm looking forward to learning how to expand local business.  I don't do craft shows though.  They are always a waste for me, since most everything is custom made I don't carry an inventory of items to sell.
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 02:17:55 am »

LOLOLOL... yes it works... differently than what I had initially expected. It does bring views! They are not the highest quality views such as buyers with wallets open but it is traffic and traffic makes Google happy and so on.

You will get your first mini lesson tomorrow and more next week.

Cheers

Christine

Christine - I re-read your post about Twitter above, and you have convinced me that it is a good thing.  I never could get into it - posting everyday, unexciting words.  
It'd be great if you (and others) can teach us how you can really use it.  Smiley
Zs Knees

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 03:35:28 am »

Christine your "thinking assignment" is giving me an identity crisis and a couple of new complexes, lol! I'll sleep on it.

Worked on a new listing, it'll be another couple days before it's ready.

I would clone, but I'm hung up on photos... I wish I could just pay someone in brownies to come take pictures for me!!! Really! Homemade ones! I may have to fork out some cash for some good lighting... I've been telling myself I won't do that until I get a sale to pay for it, but....

Well anyway, off to bed y'all, fresh minds make better crafts :idea:
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 04:04:07 am »

LOL... you'll do just fine!

You've got some cute stuff but maybe try lightening your pictures using the free program by google... Picassa. Download the free program at this link http://picasa.google.com/

I think that will help a lot to brighten your pics. You've got a really cute teady bear... maybe have him sitting up against something or on your baby's lap and just take a torso pic of teddy being held by cute little hands.

Your pillows are different than mine... whimsical, washable, wobbly for loving little hands.

Cheers
Christine
Pillowthrowdecor
Callidora

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 07:37:58 am »

I was having trouble with photos too, even after reading a million tutorials.  I finally decided to hire a high school photography student.  I pay him $20 for 1-2 hours of work.  I beg my friends to model Smiley.  And Paul has this fantastic $800 camera that he shoots fantastic pictures with.  I usually get about 250-400 photos in that time period.  For me, it makes a big difference and costs very little.  I also give him credit for all his photos on all my websites, so his name gets out there a bit and he can use my work for his portfolio.

Quote from: "Zs Knees"

I would clone, but I'm hung up on photos... I wish I could just pay someone in brownies to come take pictures for me!!! Really! Homemade ones! I may have to fork out some cash for some good lighting... I've been telling myself I won't do that until I get a sale to pay for it, but....

GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:43 am »

I am following all of this! I am quite under the weather and trying to juggle being sick and my day job responsibilities.  :?

But, so far, I am up-do-date with assignments but may lag in the next day or two. Yesterday's assignment to think about what is great about your product is HARD! Why would anyone want to buy my stuff!? lol!

In the marketing world, that is called your "core competency" and that is what should drive absolutely everything you do for your business. Very important exercise.

You all are doing great and I am so excited we are doing this together. There is power in numbers and in networking.

Cheesy  Cheesy
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:04 am »

Hope you are feeling better soon... you worked so hard last week dragging my butt along and now you've got it.... argggggh!

Its the pits when you get to this point in life when... before you get out of bed in the morning, you have to check what body parts fell off in the night. Arghhhhhhhh!!!

Really good comment about "core competency". Super!

Quote from: "GalleriaLinda"
I am following all of this! ...

Yesterday's assignment to think about what is great about your product is HARD! Why would anyone want to buy my stuff!? lol!

In the marketing world, that is called your "core competency" and that is what should drive absolutely everything you do for your business. Very important exercise.

You all are doing great and I am so excited we are doing this together. There is power in numbers and in networking.

Cheesy  Cheesy
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 11:06:31 am »

Wow 20$ for almost 400 pics.  What a good idea.

I have been trying to attract a student photography expert with milk and cookies.  Hmmmmm... I may have to lay some money on the table here afterall. Smiley

Quote from: "Callidora"
I was having trouble with photos too, even after reading a million tutorials.  I finally decided to hire a high school photography student.  I pay him $20 for 1-2 hours of work.  I beg my friends to model Smiley.  And Paul has this fantastic $800 camera that he shoots fantastic pictures with.  I usually get about 250-400 photos in that time period.  For me, it makes a big difference and costs very little.  I also give him credit for all his photos on all my websites, so his name gets out there a bit and he can use my work for his portfolio.

Quote from: "Zs Knees"

wabibrookstudio

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 03:25:36 pm »

I'm jumping in a bit late, but managed to list a new item (the first one in many weeks I am ashamed to say):
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18983/yellow-coneflowers-fine-art-giclee-reproduction-10-x-8.php
and tweet it.

I also tweeted Gillian's luscious bead.

Now off to catch up on more assignments and forum posts!

Julie
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 03:36:16 pm »

I'm out the door for a few hours and will be back to retweet to.

Way to go.

Cheers
Christine
Thyme2dream

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 05:19:11 pm »

My iCraft shop is woefully understocked because I sort of put iCraft on hold when it went from all free to fees.  

I went ahead and raised my subscription level againm activated some of the on hold stuff and added some of my newer designs.  Im not keen on the limited options for shop arrangement here, but I know Im probably missing some things since I havent taken much time to explore the settings recently :-)  Will work on that in the next couple of weeks I hope!

I dont have time just now to go through and tweet (will try to late tonight:), but I did just start a Holiday Wish List Fan page on Facebook and would love to have some iCrafters represented there...if you want to pop in and add your shop links and/or upcoming sales events that would be great!  I started it last night and am almost to 100 fans already, and plan to keep promoting it through the holidays. Here is the link:

http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Thyme2dreams-Handmade-Holiday-Wish-List/170761066019?ref=nf

AND one of my new items link:

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/18977/golden-slumbers-fairy-ear-cuff-vine.php
Time and Sand

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 08:37:17 pm »

Ok, I am trying desperately to catch up, here is my new listed item, Colors of Monet Ring #page has been deleted#

Also, I tweet (inconsistently) but have found the tweet button such a great thing, now I tweet my items when I list and always tweet things that I come across that I love, so I tweet lots of things here on iCraft!
Zs Knees

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 12:36:03 am »

I tried a program like that (I'm blanking on the name-- it was suggested last bootcamp...) but it made my photos look NEON to me... But then again, maybe that's better than dingy, eh?

I have tried soo many times to have my baby model for me! It's not that I'm so worried about showing her face, it's just that she's so wiggly, after dozens of pictures of her back, I gave up. But it's been about 4 months... maybe she's old enough now to sit for a millisecond or two.

Callidora, I like the high school student idea...! Hmmm

Quote from: "PillowThrowDecor"
LOL... you'll do just fine!

You've got some cute stuff but maybe try lightening your pictures using the free program by google... Picassa. Download the free program at this link http://picasa.google.com/

I think that will help a lot to brighten your pics. You've got a really cute teady bear... maybe have him sitting up against something or on your baby's lap and just take a torso pic of teddy being held by cute little hands.

Your pillows are different than mine... whimsical, washable, wobbly for loving little hands.

Cheers
Christine
Pillowthrowdecor
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 12:43:38 am »

I am just going to go in and give a try on your pictures.

Back later.

Christine
Weezi

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:33 pm »

Hello!ok, today I listed 4 items here on iCraft.
and this week about 36 items on my personal Weezi web page... does that count?Huh
Now, with that all that stuff on Weezi I can list it here very easily.

Today i listed on i.craft:
1. #page has been deleted#
2. #page has been deleted# (a personal favourite)
3. https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/19200/leopard-print-shoulder-bag-w-red-lace-handmade.php
4. #page has been deleted#

Plan on doing 3 a day for the rest of the week.
luv twitter Smiley
GalleriaLinda

Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 07:22:51 am »

Weezi, your shop is looking fabulous!
Weezi

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 11:28:54 am »

Thank you!!
it is coming.....there is a lot more listing to do. I am starting to feel really guilty about not sewing...I will really have to hustle over the weekend and get some new bags made.
I am low on tees and skirts as well.

My main focus for Christmas is to have many items under $30.00.
This will be very important for both the store and online.
 It is a lot of work but it all adds up!
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 01:49:36 am »

In my case yes it has worked.  It happened in an odd way but very simply I tweeted with someone locally and they hooked me up with someone else.... a retailer.  She has already ordered some stuff for me and wants to order more that I will specially make up for her so that it is "exclusive to her store and not in my online stores.

I have made some really good overall business connections too.  There has been a few othe rleads that I will have to fill you in as they unfold.

Cheers

Christine

VerreDesign

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 11:59:49 am »

Love the "thinking" exercise:)

Cheers,

Patricia
VerreDesign
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 4 Icraft Bootcamp WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?
Jump to:  
Click