Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 It’s Sunday Nov. 1 of icraft Bootcamp.
Pages: [1]
Author

Day 1 It’s Sunday Nov. 1 of icraft Bootcamp.

PillowThrowDecor

« on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:39 am »

Day 1  It’s Sunday Nov. 1 of icraft Bootcamp.

Good morning Bootcampers!

Well its 5 am Sunday morning in Vancouver Canada and I am here with 2 little munchkins (grandchildren with leftover Halloween faces) beside me posting your first Bootcamp message.

Normally on Saturdays and Sundays there are no new assignments but today is special.  Today is a roll call day and a “meet your leaders and mentors “ day.

While this is our 3rd Bootcamp I realized how little I know about so many of the friends and buddies I have made in previous programs. “Getting personal” with each other is so important because it is these relationships that keep us going when we need encouragement, praise, information and guidance.

I am an ordinary person (well sort of) that is relatively new in the online selling world. Although it has been almost a year since I have started there is sooooo much that I have to learn and therefore I am so grateful for all of you around me.

I am especially grateful for Linda at https://icraftgifts.com/gallerialinda and Wendy at https://icraftgifts.com/winged-heart-studio that have pitched in to help get everything organized, and there are more Bootcamp elves (introduce yourselves please). By the way, we, your program leaders and mentors are all volunteers for icraft with a passion for handmade and a compassion for fellow artisans.

So today, because it is Sunday, we are easing you into the program with roll call. Your assignment is to GET PERSONAL or as much as you feel comfortable with.  Tomorrow, I want you to GET PROFESSIONAL.  I will show you what I mean in a minute by introducing myself.

You Day 1’s assignment is this, introduce yourself, and then as you read about each other, go right away and click on their shop.  Have a look around at what they have and how they present it.  You will see some amazing stuff and some very good marketing ideas.  Good luck everyone… I am so excited that you are all here and revved up to “fly at it”.

Remember, I am just an email away, as are your other program mentors  too. So your every question is important. Please start your Day 1 assignment  posting with your intro … as I have …in the subject line … so it is highlighted in the Twitter Feed messages.

Cheers Christine

IT’S ALL ABOUT ME  Christine at https://icraftgifts.com/pillowthrowdecor
I’m retired from a 26 year career in real estate which includes sales, ownership, university instructor, trainer, Board President and a whole bunch of other cerebral boring stuff.

Since I am still very, very young  Cheesy  I get to turn my lifelong passion of sewing into a business. I have a drapery and upholstery workroom where I create fantabulous stuff and play with my pillows.  (Have I mentioned my talking pillows and flying fairies…? Hmmm? )

After spending most of my life in suits and heels, I now make my fashion statement in PJ’s and sweat socks. I’m a night owl and also an early riser so you’ll see me online anytime day or night. After 32 years apart, I recently married my high school sweetheart. Some days I’m an idiot, a genius, a maniac, a mother of 2, grandmother of 6 wee ones, wife to Laurence, sister to 4, daughter to my Mom, and more… but everyday I’m  always a friend for you and an amazing pillow creator for everyone who comes by to visit my store at PillowThrowDecor.
CiteFuzz

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 11:10:02 am »

Hi,

I am not sure if this is where I post since I am the first.

My name is Lori and I am the creator of Citefuzz. I started Citefuzz in 2004 after all of my friends wanted my hats so I started selling them, first locally and then online. I have 4 children (just had my last baby in September so it is busy here) but my hats are a way for me to still feel creative and have some ME time.
I have been quite successful on other selling sites and found icraft. Being a proud canadian I was was overjoyed to find a canadian based site for my creations.
I make mainly baby and childrens hat out of natural fibers like cotton and wool yarn.
https://icraftgifts.com/citefuzz
I am really looking forward to reading about everyone and learning some new tricks of the trade!
Happy selling
Lori
a.k.a Citefuzz
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:18:58 am »

Way to go... that was fast!

Can you please copy your post and paste it here... under the "what happened thread"

https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1026/day-1-assignments-what-happened/

This way we can keep all of our responses organized and separate as much as possible from the assignment postings.  

I am so proud of you!  You are our first response... I'm off to go check out your store.

By the way... make a mental note in your PROFILE page how many views you have had on your profile.  It is fun to watch that number grow cause it gives you an indication of how many people are coming by to check you and your store out.

You go girl!!!

Cheers

Christine
PillowThrowDecor

No worries...
Teri Calbert

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:25:36 am »

Hello, my name is Teri Calbert.  I have always been creative in a simple way.  All my friends and co-workers have always told me I should sell the things that I make.  So I started Bluehills Treasure Chest Designs, https://icraftgifts.com/teri-calbert, I have been at it a little over a year with little to no success :cry: I'm not a salesman or marketing genius, just someone who loves to make things with my hands.  So, if you like my things, buy them, don't be shy :wink: .
PillowThrowDecor

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:37:56 pm »

Lol... I think all artisans are struggling a bit. It is the economy and the huge competitiveness in the handmade market.

That is what bootcamp is all about is taking a hobby to a business level and getting your stuff out there hopefully on top of the heap!

Cheers

Christine
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Day 1 It’s Sunday Nov. 1 of icraft Bootcamp.
Jump to:  
Click