Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Banner & Avatar size
Pages: [1]
Author

Banner & Avatar size

Thompsons Trinkets and Treasures

« on: October 07, 2009, 06:41:39 pm »

I already have a banner & avatar for my website, but icraft won't accept them as the size is too small, but they are usual # of pixels.
what can be done about this problem?
Thanks to all who reply! Cheesy
iCraft Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:32:07 pm »

Basically, you need to redo your banner to comply with our image size requirements. Email it to service@icraftgifts.com if you have difficulty doing it yourself. We'll try to help.  :wink:

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:36 am »

Hi,
   Thanks for your reply~
    I can make them smaller, but not larger.
    I'm doing some banner searching...

Another problem I have is in the Creator Exhibit info, the  Exhibit Announcement will only show half of what I typed in even though it says I have about 94 characters left.

Am I doing something wrong?
iCraft Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:46 am »

I suspected that problem is related to special characters that you were using. Here is what you had in your Announcement field before "Welcome to Silken's Awareness Jewelry & Gifts!  Thank you for visiting & for your suppor ~t"
When I removed ' & ~ I could see the whole message. We'll try to address some of those issues. But generally speaking, special characters cause problems on the web and we always advise to avoid them.
For example, we are working on implementing a script that strips out special characters from product descriptions, forum posts etc., but it's not always possible to automate this 100%. This means, if you see that your copy is not properly displayed anywhere on your pages, try to rewrite it.

Since I was looking at your profile, here is a few more suggestions for you, and please don’t take it personal. I am sure others would benefit from this info too.

It's not recommended to use Caps in product titles. That's considered shouting on the web and we’ve received a few messages about that from our Twitter fan base. In case you didn’t know, we automatically submit all product updates to Twitter. Please fix your product titles whenever you can.

Another suggestion - don't name all your Shipping Profiles with the same name like "Awareness Jewelry ", as you will not be able to identify what info that profile contains. It is better to give your profiles meaningful names like "Shipping to US", "Shipping to Canada" and "Shipping Worldwide" or something like that. If you sell different kinds of products that have different weight etc, you can incorporate product name into your Shipping Profiles as well, like “Large Artwork to US”, “Knitted Sweaters to Canada”, “Small Accessories Worldwide”.

Hope this helps! Thanks!  Tongue

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:23:37 pm »

I will go & make some changes on the site thanks for your help & suggestions, I'm not  website compatible ~ at least that's what my son says.
After I fix things, maybe you should check back again just in case...
 Smiley Silken
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Banner & Avatar size
Jump to:  
Click