Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Tara & James
Pages: [1]
Author

Tara & James

Nathan Danials

« on: August 02, 2011, 05:01:29 pm »

No offense to the artisan who creates the Tara & James table, but perhaps the website might appear a bit less stale and draw in more traffic if icraft were to diversify the promotion. I mean, honestly. I had a dream about tara and james the other night!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:37 pm »

Yes, you are absolutely right. Homepage banners are intended to showcase a variety of products.
We just didn't update them for a while now.  Roll Eyes
This is because all the design and development efforts are now put into the new site.
New Homepage banners will be in a different size and style, so whatever we use on the current site, won't be used on the new site. That's pretty much the reason why we stopped updating homepage banners and minimized site updates in general. Hopefully, this won't be for long. I'll keep you posted.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »

I will be glad when the new look is launched!  Woohoo!  Grin
(Any ETA as the current hooplah is back to school but holiday rush will be close on its heels?)
Nathan Danials

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:15:09 am »

I'm happy to hear. Again, I mean no disrespect to this or any other artisan on this site. I'm simply speaking from a perspective of a fresh content producer who was/is considering actively pursuing promoting myself on this site. I'm intrigued by the site updates. When can we expect?
dragonkaty

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:17:41 am »

Fairy Cardmaker: Had planned on doing a 'Christmas in July' newsletter to start the holiday rush, but unfortunately newsletter production was put on hold so that developers can focus on site design changes and server moves.

I am told that the facility will be available soon; which would be great! We always get such wonderful feedback (and sales) when a newsletter goes out to buyers.

For now, I will be posting the newsletters as blogs. Won't necessarily be seen by all buyers, but at least the theme will get out there.

Fingers crossed we can get the newsletters going out again soon!
Nathan Danials

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:47:15 pm »

So I'm correct in understanding that there is a complete web redesign happening on this site?
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »

It looked like it to me, Nathan.  The announcement was here:
https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1401/new-shop-design/

There used to be a visual example of a new shop design in that thread, but I don't see it there now.

@dragonkaty - Yes, I saw the Comicon blog post!  I understand resourced have priorities.  I think using the blog as a stand-in is a more than suitable idea.  You can still tweet it and what not.  Smiley  Good job!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:26 am »

Hi Nathan,

Yes, we are pretty much redesigning the site from the ground up and, in the process, adding a few cool features to it. You might not see them all in the first release of the new design, but once we roll out the new templates, we hope to introduce the new features shortly after that.

If all goes well, we'll release new pages to a limited number of people at the end of Aug. We'll probably need volunteers  for Beta testing, so if you are interested in being one of the first people to see our new design and to help us with testing, mention that in this thread.  Wink

Thanks for mentioning our previous post about site changes, Fairy Cardmaker! The visual is back. Not sure what happened to it.  Roll Eyes
PetiteTuques

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 11:07:14 am »

I'd love to help with testing the new design!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 11:09:57 pm »

Me too!
Beajoux

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 05:57:38 pm »

Hi there,

Any word on when the new site design will be implemented? The issue of the same photos on the front page was initially brought up a year ago in September 2010 and they still seem to be the same. (https://icraftgifts.com/forum/1279/front-page-photo/)

You had posted that you were working on it in July, so I'm just wondering where things stand. Thanks!

Ainsley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

Hi Ainsley,

A year ago we didn't have exactly same problem with the banners, as we have now. At least, we had close to hundred images in rotation. Now banner space is limited to the same five items, which is much worse. 

Unfortunately, we decided to let it stay this way until we release the new design and it has been delayed a number of times. I can't tell you exactly when we are going to release the new pages. All I can say is that it is a priority number one for us right now and that the delay was partially due to the hardware upgrade and to fixing a lot of coding, database and site configurations issues along the way. We might release the new design sooner without a lot of new functionality, just so we can get banner fixed. I can' look at those five images anymore either Smiley anyway, I'll keep you posted.

By the way the new banner space doesn't require product images to have white background, so a lot more products could be featured on the homepage.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Tara & James
Jump to:  
Click