How would one get featured on your Blog?
We feature only iCraft Sellers in our In the Spotlight Column.
If you have an interesting story to tell or tips to share, please email us your answers to some of the questions below along with your photos. You don't have to answer all the questions - just those to which you have the most interesting and informative answers. Feel free to add more to the story: the questions below are guidelines to help you get started. We will contact you if we have any questions or require additional information.
Here are some questions for you to consider:
- Please give us a brief bio - introduce yourself
- Do you work full or part-time?
- Do you have kids, pets?
- Is your family involved in crafts too?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- When did you first discover handmade creations?
- Did anyone in your family initially teach you any crafting techniques?
- What was your first ever creation? Do you still have it? (picture if possible)
- Do you have an art background or design degree? How has your formal training helped you?
- What are your favorite fabrics/materials to work with and why?
- How would you describe your style?
- Where do you get your inspiration? TV, magazines, books, blogs/forums? Or maybe the fabric store or supply sites?
- What makes your work unique?
- Who do you like creating for the most? Kids, women, pets, friends and family?
- What are the steps in your creative process?
- How do you keep all your design elements and materials organized?
- What has been your favorite work so far and why?
- Do you find it hard to part with your creations?
- Would you like to share any crafting techniques or tips with our readers?
- Do you have any general advise for artists just getting started?
- How did you find your business niche?
- Any success stories?
- Have your designs/products been featured in any magazines or blogs, or worn by celebrities?
- How do you market your art - online and off?
- How did you find iCraftGifts.com?
- Have you done any shows/exhibits? Do you have any shows planned for the future?
- How has the internet helped your business?
- Can you give our readers who are just getting started any tips and advice on selling handmade?
- Can you suggest any books, tutorials or videos that will help the beginner breaking into the craft business?
- Where are you going next? Future plans?
- We would like to include three product photos in your interview. Please give us the URLs of the three products that you wish to feature.
- We would also like a few quality pictures of yourself, your family, your pets or your craft studio for the interview. Please email them to us along with your answers to this questionnaire?