Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Request Of Admin
Pages: 1
Author

Request Of Admin

CreativeXpression1

« on: February 07, 2021, 04:13:33 pm »

I would like to request that any and all promotion of my store products be halted immediately  on the iCraft homepage, FB page, buy handmade page, etc. You'll notice that 0 products are listed currently in my store. They have either deleted or have been put on hold. I'm thanking you in advance for honoring my request since these items are no longer available it is futile to continue to promote them on any of the aforementioned iCraft platforms.

Incidentially, I had a sale in my store on Jan. 30th for two custom wedding magnets. I was thrilled only to learn that once again this recent order was unpaid. The same as wilth all store orders with the exception of 2. I immediately contacted the buyer to no avail. Again no buyer response. I cancelled the order for nonpayment. This most recent experience is the determining factor for above request that iCraft cease to promote my products on any of its platforms.  

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply in this matter.

Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »

Hi Rita, I don't believe we promote products that don't exist. There might be a short delay after you updated the status of your products.

I am not sure why people place orders and then don't pay for them.  Roll Eyes  I know you've got a lot of those. Sorry about that! We are removing the email about unpaid orders.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 02:36:00 pm »

Hello,

Thank you. Yes, agreed a lot of unpaid orders; 11 orders and of those only 2 were legitmate sales in which I was paid for the orders. Nine unpaid orders would be too much any seller to swallow with ease. In terms of removing the email about unpaid orders...I never received any email from iCraft that stipulated the order was unpaid. Only emails I've ever received indicated the payment method for order was paypal as shown in Jan. 30th email received from iCraft (copied below for your review).

----------(removed)---------
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:34:11 am by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 09:38:34 am »

Hi Rita, I am not sure if it was implemented, but I put a request to flag unpaid emails before. Now, we'll just removed them all together and relist items after 3 days of non-payment.

I removed your email example below, as it contained someone's personal information. 
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 03:02:52 pm »

Hello,

Sorry about the email post. Should've emailed it privately.

Thanks,
Rita
Stephanie Workshop

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:38 pm »

I had the same issues a few times too, that people didn't pay. Why is that option even there? It should be that the customer pay when he goes to his cart like other website.

Thanks
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 06:50:05 pm »

People sometimes abandon Checkout on the last step. We can remove email notifications about unpaid orders, but we can't force people to pay if they decide not to do that. We are open to suggestions.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 04:15:21 pm »

Hello,

I am offering a suggestion similar to one previously offered. I understand you cannot force people to pay. In regards to unpaid orders: if a customer abandons checkout on the last step (not paying for their order) and iCraft can see that the order is unpaid, isn't there someway for iCrafts to automatically cancel that order instead of just removing the email notification? If the buyer abaandons the order on the last step and if iCraft could automatically cancel the unpaid order, then that product should not show up on the iCraft "Just sold" page. Is this not logical?

I honestly have had issues understanding how a product that has been ordered and unpaid for ends up on the "Just sold" page. When the seller is forced to cancel the order because it was "unpaid", in my humble opinion, that product has not been legally sold and therefore should not show up on the Just Sold pages of iCraft because it is not a legitmate product sale. This sceneario, which I've experienced 9 times in just over a year, is similar to false advertising. At least that is how I've felt each time I've had to cancel orders for nonpayment and can still that those canceled orders are on the just sold page. I also understand that buyers will often visit the Just Sold pages to see what has been selling on the website and may visit a store owner's store as a result which could benefit the seller if a purchase is made and paid for. 

I do not know anything about programming, however, I believe buyers should not be given 3 days to pay for their order. This, in my humble opinon is where the "unpaid orders" occurs. Is there a specific reason, iCraft gives buyers 3 days to pay for their orders? Isn't there something iCraft  could implement into its programming to ihelp its sellers from having to be forced to cancel orders for nonpayment?

Thanks,
Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 11:53:26 pm »

Hi Rita,

Yes, we'll cancel the unpaid orders after 3 days, relist items, remove them from "Sold" list and remove email notification about the unpaid orders. So you don't need to do anything.

We didn't think people paid as much attention to Sold items page, until you raised that issue.

We give buyers 3 days to pay 1) in case people had technical issues on PayPal 2) If they require help using payment screens interface 3) To remind them of payment later (within those 3 days) in hope they'd decide to pay for their order after all. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:13:01 am by iCraft Admin »
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Request Of Admin
Jump to:  
Click