Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
Pages: 1
Author

No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore

Maple Leaf

« on: August 31, 2020, 04:54:41 pm »

This is not a good news!

Shared content:
No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
Between 2000 and 2015, global clothing production doubled, while the average number of times that a garment was worn before disposal declined by 36 percent. In China, it declined by 70 percent.

The rise of "fast fashion" is thus creating a bleak scenario: The tide of secondhand clothes keeps growing even as the markets to reuse them are disappearing.
Read full story
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 02:32:43 pm »

the industry will have to try to refocus consumers on durability and quality -- and charge accordingly

Thank heavens! I've been saying this for years. I refuse to buy from some very trendy stores that are low-price but low quality. I mean, some of the clothing looks threadbare on the rack. I can imagine 5 washes before it starts wearing out. Ridiculous!

I wore 4th generation hand-me downs into my 20's. Those clothes were built to last. (Mind you, growing children don't wear pieces as along as adults.) My mom was good at altering a few pieces here and there so it was a smidge different than what the 3 people before me wore.

Today, my wardrobe is small and, therefore, repetitive, but I don't care. I wear what is comfortable and durable. I want durable, quality, clothes, not quantity.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  No One Wants Your Used Clothes Anymore
Jump to:  
Click