Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  The Romanovs Art of Survival
Pages: 1
Author

The Romanovs Art of Survival

Maple Leaf

« on: June 15, 2020, 01:19:57 pm »

For someone who grew up in Russia, I didn't know much about last tzar's family and how artistic they all were. When I moved to Canada, I was surprised to learn that the last Grand Duchess of Russia Olga Alexandrovna Romanova was a an accomplished artist and that she was buried at the cemetery near my place. Great read!

Shared content:
The Romanovs Art of Survival
Almost all the Romanovs had an artistic bent: they painted, doodled, carved, embroidered, cut jewelry, or sculpted. As Russia’s rulers before the 1917 revolution, their communications with the world were governed by official considerations; the personal remained invisible to the society at large. But there were flesh-and-blood men and women behind the scepter, tiaras, and ermine mantels, and they felt, processed, suffered, rejoiced, raved, prayed, and reminisced. To a family whose every move was watched and discussed, art offered an avenue to channel individual experience in a private mode.
Read full story
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Shared Content  >  The Romanovs Art of Survival
Jump to:  
Click