Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Can you review my shop (Stephanie's Workshop)?
Pages: 1
Author

Can you review my shop (Stephanie's Workshop)?

Stephanie Workshop

« on: April 16, 2020, 06:25:41 am »

Hi, I'm Stéphanie. I'm in New Brunswick, Canada. I joined icraft in March. I was wondering if you guys would have some suggestions for my shop. https://icraftgifts.com/stephanie-workshop

I'm shipping only in Canada right now. I have more than 1000 seen on my shop, but no sale. I wasn't sure how many of those views were maybe from USA. Is there a way to know? Would you guys suggest to consider shipping to USA too?

Thanks for the suggestions
Stéphanie
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:55:36 pm by iCraft Admin »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:20:54 pm »

Hi Stephanie,

Some of your product titles are not very descriptive, like "Cute Girls". Make sure to include good keywords in all product titles, so your products are findable in search engines.

Yes, it's better to offer shipping to US, as well as international shipping, so more people could buy your products.

Unfortunately, we don't know if your store views are from Canada or from US.
Stephanie Workshop

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:15:11 pm »

Thanks a lot
Shellys Handmade Creations

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:08:33 pm »

Hi Stephanie and welcome to iCraft. I really like the products displayed in your shop. The colors are bright and cheerful for kid’s accessories. I too am working hard on revamping my shop to increase sales – this is an ongoing process but a necessary one.

Best of luck on your craft journey. Smiley
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:01:08 pm »

Hi Stephanie!

Welcome to the iCraft community family!! I like the variety of products in your shop. I also agree with iCraft Admin post regarding product titles. For example, in this listing https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/111379/gold-and-black-necklace.php, your title says gold and black necklace. I opened the thumbnail pic and discovered what looks like rhinestones or diamonds surrounding the flower pendant. When I zoomed in on the photo, it appears that the flower stands out (not flat against the black background).DId you make the neclace or is it vintage? It would be good to include this info in your title. A suggested revision: Gold And Black Rhinestone Embossed Flower Necklace -27 Inches. The suggested title is 64 characters, which is the maxium # of characters for product titles here on iCraft.

I would also suggest providing as much detail as possible in your product description. Detailed descriptions can be achieved by creating a bullet style format. This helps potential customers not only to become more famiiliar with the product they are viewing, but also helps them to get to know you, the creator of what they're viewing. 

As Shelleys Handmade Creations shared - editing and revising our stores is necessary and an ongoing process. I know a lot of artisans who struggle with writing product titles and product descriptions. In my other online store, I used to offer two listings: 1 for writing listing titles for shop sellers and 1 for writing listing descriptions for shop sellers. I haven't listed those 2 listings here yet at iCraft. As a writer, I generally have the title first, then create an article from just the title. With my store though, I have my product title first for any listing and from there, I create the product and write the product description before I photograph or graphically design the product. Contact me if you'd like my help. Blessings ~ Rita   
Stephanie Workshop

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 07:23:31 pm »

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys. I do appreciate it. I will work on it. It gave me a good ideas where to start to get it better. It sure we can always get better Wink. I'm just starting so I'm hopping to get better at it overtime.

Thanks a lot again.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 03:52:17 pm »

Welcome to iCraft, Stephanie!

I like your photos and your shop description hits a lot of keywords. I like your shop title too - very easy to read and cheerful colours.

I agree with the others, though. The product descriptions need to have more details. Here are some examples:
https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/111379/gold-and-black-rhinestone-necklace.php
- What style is the clasp?
- Is it solid gold, gold plated, or just gold in colour?

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/111394/enjoy-your-special-day-greeting-card.php
- Envelope should have an "e" on the end.
- What size is this card?
- Put colours in your tags

https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/111940/dream-big-little-mermaid-t-shirt-and-tutu-set-size-5-years-old.php
- Is the tutu attached to the T-Shirt or are these two separate articles?
- If separate, how does the tutu close? Is it a button, a tie, velcro (or "hook and loop") or something?
- If separate, consider making 2 separate listings and then create a "product set". That means, they are meant to go together but customers can choose to buy just one. Someone might want the t-shirt but not the tutu.
- Can you wash the tutu? What are the care instructions? (Say, a child spills something on or wipes some dirty fingers on it.)

Best of luck with your shop!
Stephanie Workshop

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 06:18:04 am »

Thanks a lot Fair y Cardmaker. I appreciate all the comments you gave me. It gave me more to work on and get better at it. Smiley
SarahMars

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 07:05:21 pm »

Hi Stephanie,
I noticed that some of your photos are a bit blurry and could be improved. Also, when you photograph multiple colorful items, the simpler the background the better, otherwise, your products get lost in it. Those photos look busy.
I'd also like to see some of your items on people or kids. Mannequins don't always do a great job of showcasing products.  Roll Eyes
Stephanie Workshop

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 07:09:57 pm »

Thanks a lot.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  Can you review my shop (Stephanie's Workshop)?
Jump to:  
Click