Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Looking Out for Each Other
Pages: 1
Author

Looking Out for Each Other

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: March 25, 2020, 01:51:37 am »

Hi guys,

I wanted to check how's everyone doing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In times of crisis, it's important to feel like you are not alone. And with social distancing and self-isolation increasingly becoming the norm, now more than ever is the time to stay connected, even if it's only online. I hope our online community will become a place of support and comfort for you during this difficult time.

I always believed in the power of a community and it's amazing to me to witness how the world is demonstrating its capacity to act at a global level to address a global threat.

Please take care of yourself and your mental health, and reach out if you need help with anything, like help with your subscription fees.  
Hoping you all are staying safe and healthy! Hang in there. Lots of Love!   Kiss
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:58:19 am by iCraft Admin »
SarahMars

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:42:46 pm »

Thinking of all of you and sending all the healthy vibes. Stay home and stay safe!  Kiss
Adorable Baby Crochet

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 07:02:09 pm »

Yes, stay home and stay safe!!! Kiss
LisaGold

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:08 pm »

We will get through this. #staypositive 
designsbydebra

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:06:10 am »

I agree totally! We will get through this if we stay safe and follow the directions of the medical authorities.
I am one of those many people who are self employed and have had so many cancellations.
So I am putting a positive spin on this situation.
First I am home with my family and not working away from home.
Second I can create more during this time because I am at home in my crafting area with all my supplies.
In this age of so many different ways of communication my family and I can check up on our relatives, friends and our neighbours without leaving our homes. Although a phone call, text message, email or face time are not the same as a face to face in person visit this won’t be forever.
Finally I am loving that the community I live in has a page on Facebook where people are sharing some wonderful and uplifting stories of experiences here close to where I live.
One of the ways we come together without leaving our homes is to show support for our frontline healthcare providers. So at 7pm each evening I along with others go out on our balconies and bang on pots and make noise for about 20 seconds.
Can you imagine if we all were banging on pots at the same time?
SarahMars

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 03:30:28 pm »

That's a great and uplifting story, Debra! I love what you guys do to show support to frontline healthcare workers.
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 02:26:53 pm »

Stay safe (at home!) everyone!

I am fortunate enough that I can work from home, so I am still working. My husband is still working outside of the home. (We are both designated as "essential businesses" and his position requires a presence at the place of business.) Because of his exposure, we are social distancing from my mother-in-law who lives in our in-law suite. We talk to her from a safe distance, so she can see us and chat but no hugs and no dining together. Meal-time is especially lonely for her.

Her daughter held a crafting session with her via Skype. I think that has been helpful for her. Kudos to her for being in her 70's and learning how to use an iPad for live meetings!

My sister joined a sewing group. She paid to get her sewing machine dusted off and repaired (I helped with that because she and her husband are not able to work right now until business is allowed to reopen) and now she is sewing face masks, even as a beginner sewer.

I wish I had time to craft MANY more thank-you cards and thinking of you cards, but I'm still working full time and I have vertigo at the moment. So, shuffling around my craft room is a no-go. Sitting in one spot to get day-job work done is a go. (Funny how that worked out but, hey, it pays the bills!)
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Looking Out for Each Other
Jump to:  
Click