Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Small Updates on Collections pages
Pages: 1
Author

Small Updates on Collections pages

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: February 11, 2020, 03:39:53 pm »

Hi guys,

We are making a few small updates to My Favorites / Collections feature.
You can now see a list of all public collections created by members by clicking on the "View all" link under Collections in the "Buy Handmade" menu at the top. Here is a direct link. https://icraftgifts.com/favorites-all.php

Admins will be able to hide some of the collections from the public view, if they look incomplete or not well put together. (we haven't done that yet)

You can create public collections of products from multiple stores by adding items to your Favorites lists. Make sure you set collection type to "Public". 
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:40:31 pm »

This is a great idea! I've created several collections in the last few days. Question: In the "Created By" field, it lists the 1st store featured in the collection. Would it possible to include the store name of the curator who created the collection? At first glance, the Created By field gives the impression that the owner of the store listed is the one who created the collections instead of the store owner who actually created the collection. Including the curator's store name as the creator of the collection miight also be another way to drive traffic to the curator's store.

Then again, maybe I'm confusing the meaning of the word "curated" from what I knew it to mean on the other marketplace since "These product collections are created by iCraft members and curated by marketplace admins." So, how do the marketplace admins curate the collections that iCraft members create? Do the marketplace admins "market" the iCraft members' collections, for example through social media such as Facebook? If that's the case, would the word "market" be more accurate than "curated"? Sorry, just trying to gain a better understanding of how iCraft defines the word "curated" so I have it clear in my own mind. 

Just sharing my thoughts....

Blessings ~ Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:24:38 pm »

Hi Rita,

It should be your name under "Created By" if you created that collection. I just tried creating one and it worked. Let me know which one has this issue and we'll look into fixing it.

Admins can hide and reorder Public Collections. Theoretically, we could use them in advertising on social media. Not sure how often that happens.Thanks!
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:24:14 pm »

Hello,

Thanks for explaining how "curated" is used here on iCraft by admins. Maybe I'm creating my collections incorrectly. I create a new list in my favorites, add products from various stores to fit the theme of my collection title and then make the collection public. I may or may not include a product from my store. If I do, should I add my product last so that it is the first one in the collection? Seems if I did that, then the Created By field would be correct. 

All of the collections I've created has this issue with the name of the store in the first space showing as the one who created the collection. Actually several of the ones I've looked at seem to have the same issue. Collections I've Created:
Baby Pink (15 Products)
Baby Blues (15 Products)
Nature Photography (20 Products)
Bundled For Winter (14 Products)
Gifts For Dogs And Dog Lovers (19 Products)

Other Collections I've Noticed (Going down the list in the View All "Collections" on the Buy Handmade tab:
Romantic Gift Ideas (27 Products) - my double heart necklace is first product and shows I created the collection, but I didn't
Holiday Decor (11 Products) - have no way of knowing which iCraft member created, but first product is also same as collection created by
Gift Ideas for the Gardner (29 Products) - same as mentioned in holiday decor
Cute As A Button (11 Products) - my springtime daisy magnet is first product and shows I created the collection, but I didn't

Thanks and Blessings ~ Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 02:10:47 pm »

Hi Rita,
You are free to add your own products into collections you create, as long as they fit the theme.
We'll fix the issue with the name of "Created By". Thanks!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:51 am »

Hi Rita,
This issue with Collections has been fixed.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 03:15:58 pm »

Thank you! Looking forward to creating my collection soon..... Blessings ~ Rita
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Small Updates on Collections pages
Jump to:  
Click