Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  How to list an item
Pages: 1
Author

How to list an item

Gould Style Crochet

« on: January 07, 2020, 09:01:44 pm »

I have an item that I'm listing at an individual price and also offering a different price for buying 2 or 3. The listing only shows the individual price and when a buyer purchases the item, it only doubles the individual price and not giving the discounted price. What can I do to change this listing?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:49:44 pm »

I don’t know how your discounts are setup. Are you offering discounts through Coupons or through Product Sets?

Could you please provide product URL? Thanks!
Gould Style Crochet

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:40:04 am »

Thank you for response regarding my question. I currently have the listing at $8.00, but in the description part of the item, I list the different prices if a customer buys more than one. The url for this product is https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/109872/easter-bunny-baskets.php  This is what the listing shows in the description: **Basket price listed is for an individual basket only. All prices listed below include shipping. Other Shipping Options are also available**:
-1 basket: $8.00
-2 baskets: $14.00
-3 baskets: $18.00
-4 or more baskets: $22.00

So I'm not sure if I need to create a discount or coupon for the prices if a buyer purchases more than one or what the best way would be to list this item. Thank you for any assistance regarding this matter.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:56:19 am »

Listing discounts in product descriptions is not enough, as our system won’t know about them to apply them at the checkout.
You need to setup Coupons for discounts like that and ask customers to enter them at the checkout.

I’d remove the line about different shipping options, as you already offer free shipping. I’m not sure what you mean by that, or maybe explain it better.

Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 02:14:11 pm »

I know the product sets applies discounts when you combine *separately listed* product listings. I don't now if, in that setup, you can put the exact same listing in the set when you setup the product set. I don't think you can though.

What you seem to be looking for is a volume discount. I.E. buy 1, pay $X per unit; buy 2, pay $Y per unit.

Admin, will the new site have that ability?
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 02:24:21 pm »

Anything is possible, though, we are focusing on the priority items right now and will be rolling out improved Checkout pages first. Still a long way to go before we redesign the whole site.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  How to list an item
Jump to:  
Click