Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Important update regarding our fees
Pages: 1
Author

Important update regarding our fees

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: August 13, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »

Hi guys,

As you know, we've been working on the site redesign for a while now. We are also working on expanding our current platform, so we could host a number of related niche marketplaces, while keeping iCraft focused on handmade art and crafts. This is an expensive undertaking, and after some consideration, we decided to make the following changes to our pricing structure.

Effective August 1, 2019, our subscription fees for new sellers are as follows:
Monthly Package - $15 USD / month
6-Months Package - $12 USD / month (special offer)
12-Months Package - $10 USD / month (special offer)

Sellers registered before August 1, 2019, will stay on the same subscription package until the launch of our redesigned site. At that time, we'll probably re-evaluate our pricing structure again.

We are making these updates to the site this week.

As always, we welcome your feedback and thank you for your understanding!  Kiss
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:31 pm »

I as I'm sure everyone understands it must be expensive to run a platform as this one. Any estimation when the new design will be implemented,
I have to be honest here, This is not a business for me but more of a hobby, I don't expect to make a lot. However I for one being semi retired on a fixed income have to be able to sell something to keep paying for a platform like this, a price increase for me, without any sales, I could not continue.
So for me I like things as they are, at the price it is now. I'm only one person and things have to progress as I know they will.
After all it was changes on another platform that lead me here.
Happy Crafting!!!!!!
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »

Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to seeing and using the redesigned site. I understand changes for pricing structure. I also understand the post from MsRainesSewingRoom. It was the constant changes on another platform that also lead me here. I've had one sale in only a few months since registering on iCraft. I was thrilled since it took more than a year on the other platform to have a sale. Several things impress me with iCraft: 
1. The amount of product promotion on iCraft home page;
2. Super prompt detailed replies to emails which equates to fantastic customer service for its sellers who have questions;
3. Number of product views and store visits.
4. Product listings don't expire and no commission fee on store sales. 

I need to tweak some of my current product listings and still have new products to listing in my store, plus am working on getting my supplies ready so they're ready to list when the new site is up and running. However, working 46 hours in 4 days and putting away garden veggies for the winter on my days off hasn't given me a lot of spare time. Doing my best to be patient.

Have a great evening everyone!

Blessings ~ Rita

MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 10:23:20 pm »

Thank you Rita for the nice words of understanding Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:37:42 pm by MsRainesSewingRoom »
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 12:09:30 pm »

That is a bit of a hike. I will have to see the new site to fully assess.

I would consider it small a barrier to entry. That may be intentional to ensure sellers who register are actually interested in selling profitably (unlike me, who is hobbyist level). There are other, less convenient, but free options for hobbyists outside of iCraft. I will have to weigh my options and closing entirely is one of them. I don't have the time to devote that I did when I started and the more time it will take to break even, the less likely I will be able to participate.

I recognize that running a small business absolutely requires putting time into marketing and promotion. So, I can understand some small barrier to entry is sensible. However, I'm not there yet. In fact, my available time just for production has been shrinking. I may never reach the marketing and promotion stage. But, like I said, I'm willing to wait and see.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 05:15:08 pm »

Hi Fairy Cardmaker,

You've been a great contributor to the iCraft community for many years. 
In appreciation of your contributions, I'd like to give you 6 extra months of free unlimited product postings on iCraft. I've applied this credit to your account already. Keep up the good work!  Kiss

And let's figure out together how to keep iCraft hobbyist-friendly!
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »

Have you determined yet what the fee will be for existing sellers who pay their fee for one year? My renewal is coming up next month and I'd like to be prepared. Blessings ~ Rita
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 08:09:47 pm »

Hi Rita,

Our current fees are listed here https://icraftgifts.com/sell.php We offer discounts to those who pay upfront. If we switch to a new payment system, we'll apply credits to stores that have paid subscription fees upfront. Before that we'll put up any new changes for a discussion in the Community. We are busy with redesign right now and not touching payment system yet.
We will be rolling out new pages gradually, so there won't be an instant switch to a new platform (I'm going to write about that in the next post).  Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 01:38:09 pm »

Thank-you admin! I will say, I have always felt that iCraft engages with sellers well.

How to keep a hobbyist level - I don't know. Have some food for thought though:

Other sites have a free version. iCraft once did (5 listings). What if.... instead... you incorporated a limited features account for a limited price - back down to say $5 per month or, as a discount, $50/year. The limited features could include:
  • Limited # of listings
  • Limited quantities per listing
  • No chance of being advertised on the home banner
  • No seller blog
  • No access to seller forums (assuming they will be "hidden" from non-sellers in the new site design), therefore, no ability to get store critiques

And no or limited access to whatever other cool goodies you are planning for the new site design.

Especially the advertising side. To me, this gives a person a way of processing sales, but puts ALL the onus on them to drive those sales through marketing and promotion, rather than letting iCraft do ALL the heavy lifting for them. (Having said that, sellers would have to understand how well iCraft promotes site traffic and sales to feel like they would really be missing out if they didn't pay for a higher level account.)

I'm not internet savvy, so not sure if these suggestions really hold any water.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Important update regarding our fees
Jump to:  
Click