Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Question for fellow crafters
Pages: 1
Author

Question for fellow crafters

MsRainesSewingRoom

« on: August 11, 2019, 09:27:56 pm »

Has or Have  anyone approached consignment shops to stock your items? And has anyone had any success doing it. Was maybe considering approaching some in my area, but not sure if it would be a good idea. Appreciate any and all feed back. Thank You : )
Happy Crafting!!!
Shellys Handmade Creations

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:07:27 am »

Hi MsRaines!

I have not tried the consignment shops yet, but I have approached a few of the local boutique shops in my local area. Feedback has been good so I hope to able to have a few of my items in a store soon. Here's another thought...have you consider setting up a pop up shop? One of my friends knows someone who owns a plus size boutique and she is always out doing pop ups on weekends. That's how she increased her online sales too because she meets new people all the time  Wink
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:16 pm »

Thank you for your feed back Rachele, it is appreciated. Smiley
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 11:46:09 am »

I looked into it before considering online - so more than 10 years ago. If you don't have a healthy enough margin, their cut was too big. My small dollar products are not a good match.
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 03:08:59 pm »

Hi MsRaines!

I did have several of my items in a local consignment shop a few years ago. I set up a time to take my handcrafted items for her to review. She decided which items she wanted in her store. Payment was received on a bi-monthly basis. Worked out well for me. Her store had to be closed about a year afterward due to family emergency (death in the family). I have also set up at a Flea Market a time or two, but neither of those times worked out as well as the consignment shop. I've also done very well when setting up as a local vendor at craft shows. Hope this helps....Blessings ~ Rita
MsRainesSewingRoom

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 03:17:40 pm »

Thank you Rita and Fairy Card Maker, it was something I was considering and wanted to know if anyone had any success
doing it. Thank you for your feed back Smiley
CreativeXpression1

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 07:25:40 pm »

You're most welcome!  Smiley
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Question for fellow crafters
Jump to:  
Click