Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Facebook Reviews
Pages: 1
Author

Facebook Reviews

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« on: June 06, 2018, 03:38:20 pm »

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask you all to leave a Facebook Review on our FB Page https://www.facebook.com/iCraftGifts.
Currently, we have none and that affects our ranking on FB where we promote your products.  Roll Eyes
We'll feature some of those reviews on our website and newsletters too. Thanks a lot!

Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »

Facebook is an ineffective way to advertise. In the several years I was on Facebook, they never sent me one advertisement that was of use to me. Facebook makes its money by spying on you and reporting the results to governments for a fee.

ZUCK: yea so if you ever need info about anyone at harvard
ZUCK: just ask
ZUCK: i have over 4000 emails, pictures, addresses, sns
FRIEND: what!? how'd you manage that one?
ZUCK: people just submitted it
ZUCK: i don't know why
ZUCK: they "trust me"
ZUCK: dumb fu***

The Pentagon canceled its Lifelog project the day Facebook was launched ... hmmmm.
https://www.wired.com/2004/02/pentagon-kills-lifelog-project/
Facebook Lifelog
https://sewyourownclothes.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:08:45 am by Easy Fashion Clothing »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 02:54:03 pm »

Hi Easy Fashion Clothing,

I think as with any advertising platform, its the matter of analyzing and optimizing campaigns. Facebook can be an effecting advertising tool, thought sometimes it takes time to get things right. Roll Eyes

I didn't know about LifeLog. Seems like a coincidence!  Cheesy
I doubt Mark Zuckerberg had many connections or influence at the time when he started Facebook.
Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 03:29:03 am »

Facebook is such an effective advertising medium that you have zero reviews. That is how effective it is.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 12:23:32 pm »

I didn't say we've done a lot of FB advertising or have done a good job with it, but working on that. So stay tuned!
Gramps Tees

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 08:40:48 am »

Ok, I 'Liked' the page... good luck with it.  Smiley

Personally though, I'd rather see more features in listing items. For example, I create custom t-shirts made to order. Unfortunately, when (although it hasn't happened yet) a buyer clicks to buy there is no way for them to easily specify colour or size. So it needs to have that. Plus, as I now have 40+ listings and I'll have to go back into each one and manually add all the sizes/colours I offer because there is no bulk edit feature to easily do this. Same with shipping, I only added Canada and US options as it was't clear when adding a product. I thought that'd be ok as I presumed your were focused in USA (sorry). Seems your buyers are more in Europe so I have to add international shipping (I'm in Canada) but again, each product has to be manually changed.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of this site as I go, but initially it is rather frustrating and more time-consuming than need be.

Once done though, I plan to promote on FB, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linked In myself... so while your facebook page is a good idea, I'm really more interested in seeing new listing features rolled out.
Easy Fashion Clothing

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 10:12:55 am »

Dear IcraftGifts Admin:

Don't get me wrong. I think Icraft Gifts is wonderful. I Just have a very low regard for Facebook. In the several years I have been on there, they have never sent me a relevant advertisement. That despite all the information gathering.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 01:26:31 am »

Thanks for the FB review, Bob!  Kiss
Much appreciated!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Recent Site Updates & Announcements  >  Facebook Reviews
Jump to:  
Click