Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Introducing myself - newbie
Pages: 1
Author

Introducing myself - newbie

GwensArtisanJewellery

« on: May 22, 2018, 01:09:55 pm »

Just joined iCraft this month to dip my toes into the online market again. I tried selling online a few years ago, but gave up when I only had a couple of sales. I make jewellery using a variety of techniques, from metalsmithing, fold-forming, hammering & chasing, soft soldering, chainmaille, Viking knit, wire weaving and upcycling.

My new favourite forms are recycling silver into new work by melting the silver down, and using soft solder to create accents and texture on various metals, including copper, brass, and silver-filled. As I am growing older myself, I have begun to have an appreciation for how things naturally occur, embracing the organic feel and imperfection of how the metal moves and flows to create beautiful pieces.

My shop is GwensArtisanJewellery. I would appreciate any advice on how to improve it and maybe even start making some sales.

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:37 am »

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for joining! Smiley

Your items are very interesting, nice photos, product titles and descriptions. Not sure what I'd improve.
Did you know that you can now add videos of your products to your product pages?

We also want to add badges to "Upcycled/Recycled Items", as those are the things that buyers care about and we want this info to stand out more.

GwensArtisanJewellery

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:03:51 am »

Thank you for the advice. As I am not familiar with the badges, is there somewhere I can look for instructions on how to add them to the Upcycled/recycled products. I wasn't sure how to make those products more visible.

Thank you again, Gwen
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:48:11 am »

We don't have badges created yet, but were thinking of doing it soon Smiley
GwensArtisanJewellery

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:52 pm »

Okay, I will look forward to that being added on. Sounds like you have lots of changes planned. I am looking forward to the site being more mobile-friendly myself. Would be awesome to have an app for the site.

Thank you, Gwen
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 02:30:44 pm »

Welcome to iCraft! Your spoon bracelets are especially interesting. What a great way to upcycle. Smiley
GwensArtisanJewellery

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 11:16:56 am »

Thank you for the welcome. I am enjoying doing the upcycling. It is so much fun re-purposing the flatware and making something people will enjoy for years to come.
Pages: 1  
Main  >  iCraft Community Member Area  >  Member Updates & Newbie Intros  >  Introducing myself - newbie
Jump to:  
Click