Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  store critique
Pages: 1
Author

store critique

LSchinOriginals

« on: August 31, 2017, 12:10:47 pm »

Hi y'all, Ive had a ton of views but no sales...  Cry  any help would be appreciated! 
Thanks!
Fairy Cardmaker

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:57 pm »

Hi! Welcome to iCraft!

iCraft is not that big, so you need a way to generate your own traffic to the store rather than waiting for people to "just happen upon you" (which is what I do, lol!)

You should poke around our Bootcamp threads for hints about keywords and stuff. For example, the start of your shop description is the most important. In today's instant gratification world, few people are going to read past the first 3 lines unless you hook them. I would recommend putting your product first and the artistic history of your family after. Otherwise, you've got product keywords in there that have nothing to do with your shop:
My father is an oil painter. my mom designed and made jewelry, my grandfather was a watercolorist, so I come by it naturally.

I LOVE paper quilling... but I don't have the patience to do much of it. Consider alternate ways of describing your art. "Quills" can mean feather writing quills or porcupine quills. Consider "paper quills".

Product titles need more keywords too. "Note cards" and "Set of Cards" is not very descriptive. For your "Quilled Tree" - most people will have no idea what that is or what it's for. Say that it is framed art, or framed room decor.

Look up our threads about tags. You should tag the product's purpose, colours, etc.

If your products shots are just examples of what people can get if they send you custom request (like a colour set or something), say that in the title: "Custom Note Card Set - You pick colours" or something like that.

There will be a wealth of info for you in the BootCamp forum.

Best of luck with your shop!
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Help & Advice for Sellers  >  Store Critique  >  store critique
Jump to:  
Click