Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 1, Bootcamp #6 - Store Reviews
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Author

Assignment 1, Bootcamp #6 - Store Reviews

NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 01:11:57 am »

Hello all. I just wanted to let you know we are having an issue with our internet. Was going to go somewhere to use it when we had a family mishap. I'm using my phone to check in. Don't want to do critiques on something I can barely see. If all goes well, I hope to get them posted for you tomorrow. Thanks.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:33 am »

Hi NoriandChasesCorner,
Thanks for letting us know what's happening. Please try to submit your answers by end of day Thursday, if not, until end of the week. Thanks!
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 02:21:40 pm »

Sorry I'm so late for starting.  Just had my right knee total replacement done on Monday and am finally home.  I tried to get online while at the hospital but everyone said I made no sense in any writing that I did. I'm going to work now on the assignment.  Just wanted to let you know what is happening on my end.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 08:08:25 pm »

Oh wow, you don't have to participate, Jewelry Made With Love. Feel free to take time to recover. Hope everything is fine and thanks for letting us know.
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 01:17:45 am »

I am going to do my best to participate. I'm not feeling so drugged finally and so tomorrow is a new day and  I hope to be able to do some reviews and corrections on my store.  Thanks for understanding.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 03:21:00 am »

Ok, sounds good. Glad to hear you are feeling better.  Grin
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 02:17:17 am »

Here are a few things that I noticed. Please remember they are just what caught my eye and are only my opinion.

Unique Bundle:
              Pictures over all looked nice. To me the background used for the grape earnings did not make them stand out the way your other items do.
              Descriptions, some of them had random capitalized words throughout. I got distracted from the item trying to decide if it was intentional or typos. Which is a shame because you have very beautiful pieces. Also watch out for repetitive text within a description.
               Tags could be utilized more.
                I don't know enough about the prices for this kind of jewelry to comment. However, if I had the extra money I would definitely own some of those pieces.

Hofkissed

Prices seemed very reasonable.
           Descriptions: Try incorporating colors & occasion into description.
                                    Example: Party dress, Birthday
                                      You have "stunning black, pink, & blue card". This won't make me look.
                                       You might try "stunning die-cut dress featuring delicate doilies, pink accents, & a blue hand cut flower on a black background". Now I'm curious enough to look.
                                     Example: Floral Birthday, Blue
                                       If someone is doing a search, they are only getting the description.
                                      Try to put what kind of card it is and watch out for repetitive text.

"This birthday card has lots of texture with paper flowers in shades of blue that highlight message"

Jewelry Made With Love

Pictures: I would suggest ironing the dropcloth that the necklaces are on to give it a more pristine look.
                          Descriptions: Try to be careful with repetitive wording within a description.
                           Tags could be utilized a little more on some of the items.
                          Prices: I like that you offer a variety from high-end to children's pieces with prices to match.

Ninaross Designs

Pictures: pretty good. I noticed a few of the items tended to blend in with the green they were setting on.
                  I have no idea about prices on this kind of jewelry.
                   Overall I thought your store looked good.

Gen3sudioS
          I would like to see more before I comment.         
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »

Here is my 2 cents worth on everyone's store:

Unique Bundle: Your pictures all look great to me. I agree with NoriandChasesCorner about your descriptions. The prices seem good to me but I'm not expert in the style of jewelry you make.

Gen3sudioS:  Nothing to comment on as you have no product to view

Hofkissed:  I liked everything about your store. Prices seem fair and your work is great.  Adding more description about the cards would be good to add, but that is all I can think of.

NoriandChasesCorner: I really liked everything about your store. The family passion shows through throughout the store.

Ninaross Designs: I like how your pictures all turned out. The only question would be about your prices, they seem a little high to me. I don't know much about the making of the chains so I could be wrong here.
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 03:45:44 pm »

Lannie,
        You commented about shipping cost being put in USD. Could you please direct me to where you saw that they were not. I having a problem finding it to fix it. Thanks.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 06:16:25 pm »

So what kind of changes everyone has made to their store? Did you find all the feedback to be useful?
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 06:47:07 pm »

All feedback was very useful. I've changed the abbreviation for AB to Aurora Borealis on each listing. Also tried to take out repetitions in my descriptions.  I also tried to list if chains were silver or gold plated. Made sure that Swarovski was spelled right on those using it.  Redid my intro to my store. 

The only thing left to do is to retake some of the pictures. I need hubby to help by ironing my white drop cloth.

Should the cloth be white or should I change it to a tan/beige color?  What do you all think?
Lannie

Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »

Hi NoriandChasesCorner:

I noticed this on your product pages in the Shipping section, for example on this page: https://icraftgifts.com/handmade/44681/reversible-mans-afghan-country-blue-and-green.php. Your Shipping Options says "Shipping to US: $16.40 CAD ($9.84 CAD when combined with another item) by USPS."

If you're based in the US, you'd most likely want to use US currency, You can set the currency used in your store on your member profile page, accessed through your account page.

Hope this helps!

Lannie

iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 09:44:18 pm »

Jewelry Made With Love, I'd choose white background to contrast with your jewelry. That always looks nice.
Jewelry Made With Love

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 10:02:57 pm »

OK, so stay with white unless otherwise needed?

Sorry just saw the white in your post.  So I'll only use a different color if my piece is white then I'll use black.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 11:59:21 pm by Jewelry Made With Love »
NoriandChasesCorner

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 01:31:30 am »

Lannie: Ok, we may have an issue here. When I checked the currency settings earlier,  it said USD. I also never use cents other than .50. So I do not understand why it is now saying numbers I wouldn't have used. I'm thankful you happened to catch this but am a bit concerned about how it happened.

Jewelry Made With Love: It tickles me to no end that you have a hubby that would do that for you. I agree on the white. The pictures were good but the creases took away from your jewelry. I wouldn't stress to much over it til you are back on your feet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 1, Bootcamp #6 - Store Reviews
Jump to:  
Click