Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Make an Impact with your Product Titles!
Pages: 1
Author

Make an Impact with your Product Titles!

iCraft Updates

phpBB Site Admin

« on: March 24, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »

Hello iCrafters!

We wanted to share a few tips with the community on how best to write product titles for items on your Creator Exhibit. These tips will lead to higher visibly from online search engines (i.e. Google, Yahoo, Live Search, etc.) as well as the iCraftGifts.com search engine. These tips will ultimately help you increase your sales on the site!

- Product titles should contain all relevant product keywords, as the iCraftGifts.com search engine (and any other online search engine) will scan those keywords. Thus, if you are selling a necklace, be sure to place the word "necklace" in the title. Other key points to mention in the title include colour, material, occasion, etc.

- Aim to write your title in the way someone searching for your product might compose the search query. You could also have the title list unique things that make the item different or special.

- Don't include TOO much text, as this will make it difficult for people who are quickly scanning product titles. Remember, include key words which describe your product, but don't use irrelevant keywords. It will only hurt the chances of your listing being searched and found.

- Examples of good titles are: "Burgundy earrings for teenage girl, Silver and Swarovski Crystal" and "Men's wool sweater, black and white, large size".

- Examples of bad titles are: "Great Piece", "Fun and Free", "Made for You!"

- Keyword density is important for some online search engines, so be sure to use the product descriptions and tag fields to repeat all important keywords. Those fields will be indexed by search engines too.
HomeOfTheGumbles

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:17:21 am »

Great tips! Thank you.
designs by vickyvk

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:39:12 am »

Thanks! I changed up some of my titles already!
MandalaDesignStudio

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:50:46 am »

Thank you so much for the great tips. I know what I need to do now  Smiley

~Jessi~
Beadlam

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 01:24:27 pm »

Good to know. Thanks!
The Pink Peony

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 09:49:49 pm »

Thanks for the tips!  I'm going to go do some editing on my titles now...
The Ivory Magnolia Bath and Body

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 01:00:38 am »

thank you for the tips! it seems to be common sense, but we don't always think in simple terms.  Smiley
Pages: 1  
Main  >  Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions  >  Website Suggestions  >  Make an Impact with your Product Titles!
Jump to:  
Click