Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Advanced Search
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Author

Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community

JaJeJems

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:43 pm »

Ok I have been looking at websites on which people have blogs as part of the website. One that I liked today had a website but no blog on the website.  Her blog is separate(blogspot I think) and on her website she refers people to the blog.  Which is better or does it matter? At present I have a blog on blogspot but can also have one on my website.

Thank you for the answer to the first question.

I have also been looking on Facebook and connected with a lampworker who has an interesting studio set-up, so i chatted with her about that and found several sea glass jewellers.  A lot don't have websites or blogs but I have been leaving comments.  A better day today!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:26 pm »

Blog as a part of the same site will make your site look fresh (if you blog often). Fresh content can attract new people, as blog posts often shared by others on social media sites.

If you have your blog separate from your site, the two will be naturally connected - as you'd want to one to another.
Either way is fine. I wouldn't care much which way it is setup. None of this helps you with link building in a big way... after you post a few links on each site, there is not much you can do.

JaJeJems

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »

Thanks admin, a fresh start tomorrow!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 03:19:27 am »

Great! Let me know how it goes tomorrow.  Wink
Everyone, please share your stores - we all learn from them!
JaJeJems

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »

Had a good day today!  I explored several leads through my jewellery designer group on LinkedIn and found a lot of interesting sites , a couple who do features on jewellery designers.  Getting into leaving comments and have had several responses to my comments from yesterday.

My spread sheet is starting to fill up!  I am also learning a lot by seeing what other people are doing.  Wondering how everyone else is doing???
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:18 pm »

That's great, JaJeJems! This is all very valuable research that you are doing right now. Plus, making connections and learning new things too. Joining LinkedIn groups is an excellent idea. See if you can find and join more than one.

Yes, wonder how others are doing...
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:57 am »

I found a blog today , a woman who makes beaded jewelry and she showed what she made for her blog friend to exchange and gave a link to the friends blog. After reading both it was so apparent the admiration these two women felt for each other, a blog friendship, they never met. Also one of them has donated over 75 bracelets to 7000 bracelets for Hope.  It is a research and support for rare cancers.  I researched it and donated a womans and childs bracelet.  They are given to the patients and family members like mom.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:28:48 am by Jewelry by Kat »
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:08 am »

Hi Kat,

Donating your products for a good cause is a great way to get featured on other blogs and to get backlinks. Do you know if your store will be mentioned on their site? Did they ask you for your store URL?
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 08:03:27 am »

I need help.  I remember learning this but I forget.  When writing a blog there are highlighted words and when you click on them you go to a website.  I want to mention a website using keywords and when you click on these words, you are taken to that website.  I forget how!!!!

My mind is better than I thought!!!!!   I did it!  I remembered!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:16:16 am by Jewelry by Kat »
Red Rock Designs

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 08:32:06 am »

Hi Kat, you can attach a hyperlink to the photo or line of text...I think its the icon that looks like 2 chains linking together....then you add the URL.

I donate items as well, through my old employer, they have a yearly online auction.  I enclose my business cards as well and a little bio...so that all bidders know where to find me...not just the winner. And I provide door prizes if I'm at a craft show.

Admin, I'm not sure if you wanted us to post the actual website or links we've found?  But here's a website I was really impressed with:
http://www.raptinmaille.com/

I find the site very easy to get through...and the tabs are simple and not overwhelming.  I like that she has a tab exclusive for wholesalers...which is something I'd like to get into as well.  The About tab seems too long for me, but she speaks of herself, her jewelry & materials.  There's no photo of the artist, so I'm assuming she has a team of people working with her.   Did you want me to provide other links as well? 

The blogs I've found are on Tumblr, I usually just Like their post with no comments...but I'm realizaing that only the blogger can see who Liked their post, not the public...so leaving a comment is definately better.
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:25 am »

Hi Kat,

Those words on the link called anchor text. We want it to be descriptive or have site's domain in it, not just "click here". Well, as I said before, once in a while you can use "click here" as anchor text to make your backlinks look natural to Google.

Thanks for answering Kat's question, Red Rock Designs! Smiley
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

Hi Red Rock Designs,

You don't need to share your researched sites here, unless you think others should join or you want them to see something specific on those sites. That's your resources that you'll use in the future for link building. Also, it's better if you all approach different bloggers, instead of the same.

Yes, please start getting into a habit of leaving comments on crafters blogs and sites.
JaJeJems

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 12:01:20 pm »

Good morning!  I have a question about making comments on blogs, Facebook, websites etc.  I am finding that some people reply to my comments, others don't at all.  I usually get a response to anything I comment on with Facebook  but with blogs and websites it varies .  When I have a question, however, I am hoping for a response and often don't get it.  This leads to 2 questions really:
1. Would these be sites that I shouldn't waste my time on?  Some of them are on my "like" list and seem to have potential in other ways.

2.  Do people tend to disregard comments on their older blogs? Sometimes I find blogs that are a bit older that have interesting material.

Well planning to be back at it again this afternoon.  Going to join some more jewellery groups!
iCraft Admin

Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »

Comment on any pages that have lots of new comments, though anything older than 6-8 months is probably not going to be seen by many people. So skip those pages. However, if you found that page at the top of Google for your search term, then comment anyway.
Jewelry by Kat

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 01:50:33 pm »

I know I am supose to get backlinks but I wrote a blog about 7000 bracelet organization.  It was bursting forth in me, so I guess I am spreading something GOOD.  It is about rare diseases.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All  
Main  >  Sellers’ Bootcamp  >  Daily Assignments  >  Assignment 2, Bootcamp #5 - Researching Blogging Community
Jump to:  
Click